Who's had an early scan

PurplePixi

Reaction score
Hi girlies

Just wondering who had an early scan. Did you ask for one or were you offered.

I have first midwife appointment next week I will be 7 weeks and was hoping for an early scan to be arranged due to my previous miscarriages.

Xx

I've had 2!
One at 6 weeks, and another today at 8w4 days. I'm lucky that its normal in the US to have more scans. It's amazing to see the bean and hear the heartbeat, and is very reassuring.
I hope you are able to get an early scan too....I'm sure if you push for it with miscarriage history they would agree? Good luck X

I had an early scan at 6+5 I've had several mc too and history of twins but took bleeding before they sent me for a scan. My gp bit of an idiot tho. Ask your midwife she might just to reassure you to avoid stress good luck x

I had one as I went to my doctor with bad pelvic pain and a drop in all symptoms and they referred me for tests & an early scan to see if everything was ok.

Im having a scan on weds as i had to have a lap n dye op before i managed to concieve so its the fertility clinic that is doing the early scan. Im sure if you explain how you feel and your history your midwife might b able to help.

Michelle. x

My midwife organised mine at 6 weeks due to a small bleed - I wasn't actually expecting it cos it really was very small, but she rang up and booked straight away to put my mind at rest so hopefully they will do the same for you with your history xx

I've also had 2. First at 5 weeks and second at 7 weeks.
I was getting checked for ectopic cause of pain.

Ive had 2 scans also and I'm 8 weeks I've had 2 as I've had 2 miscarriages they referred me for tests in march I had blood tests. I had one at 6 weeks one at 8 weeks to check everything was progressing as it should be and I'm due to go back on the 19th as there's a bleed around the sac. It's definitely worth asking x

I never asked for my scans although I would of had I not been offered them the epu suggested they wanted scan me when I was 6 weeks I wasn't sure on my dates as they don't add up when I 'conceived' I was on my period?! It turns out they did scan me at 6 weeks they said at the time I was 5 but put me forward a week this Wednesday as they said so early on they aren't accurate. Hope you get an early scan xx

I had an "early" scan at just before 9 weeks. I had had one mmc but in Leeds we can't get early scans on the NHS until 3 mc but it seems to vary across the country so I had to have a private one. It was the best thing I did. Seeing the heartbeat was a massive relief. I never got that far last time. xxx

Last edited:
Hi pixi, i love that your in here again!!

When i had my mmc the next time round with devon they scanned me early twice at 8 weeks and then again at 10 weeks cause the baby had died at 9 weeks ish last time , but lost at 12 weeks.

I did cry at docs tho when i was telling them about being preg again as i was a little frantic with the worry, maybee that made her mind up, it was only the cycle before falling again so i was still a bit of a shambles

Hope you get one hun x

Last edited:
I've had 2
at my booking in appt I had been bleeding (still am!!)
My third early scan is next Wesnesday

Tbh, bleeding aside, I don't know why I bother going for them ... They can't do anything about it. Although if it is something bad and my body ain't doing its job of dispelling it, at least the hospital can help sort that out I guess... X

I had an early scan to date my pregnancy at 5 weeks. I was just offered it, I'm not actually sure why!! I was a little confused over how far along I was (conceived on the pill!) so I didn't know about my cycles or anything apart from having my pills and then a week off them!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back