any advice on scan dates?

jussy

Reaction score
I had a scan last week (an early one at 6 weeks as I've had 3 miscarriages). I was told everything is fine and that I will have another scan now at 20 weeks. I assumed that I was having the early scan aas an extra one to be on the safe side after previous miscarriages. Would I be speaking out of turn to ask for another at 12 weeks? I have an app with my midwife next wk so thought I'd ask her. Oh and they said I am 8 weeks pregnant judging by the size of my little bean!!!

Still feel sick all the time - its pants but good I suppose!!! :puke: :puke: :doh:

I would definitely ask for another one; seems a long wait and it would seem that the early one was to make sure everything was ok.

No harm in asking hun :hug:

I had a reassurance scan at 9 weeks and also the regular dating scan at 13 weeks. I would definatly ask and make sure they know how much you need the reassurance.

I had one at 6 weeks cos I was having REALLY bad cramps but I still got my 12 week scan as well. So I would jst ask that is a long time in between 2 wait xxx

Hi Jussy

I had a scan at 7 weeks as I was having some bleeding and am still having a dating scan, I agree with andreag make sure they realise how much you need the reassurance!

The sickness is reassuring in itself though - at least you know all your hormones are raging!

i would ask.

No harm in asking and the worst they can say is no!

i am suprised though, with your 3 previous m/c's that they would give you another scan before 20 week!! :hug:

thanks ladies, you're right, I'll check next week.
Anti sickness dust to all us sufferers! :hug: :hug:

hi there,i had an early scan on sunday as i had a scare,i am still booked in to have my "first" scan on 7th august (i'll be 11 weeks)
the lady who did the scan said i would have both the early scan done and the 2 others as the first one was not really counted as it was an internal one?

I went today to have what I thought was my first midwife app at the hospital and got another scan - all is well and my first dates still stand!
They told me that under the circumstances I will have a scan a week until the 14 week point - just for reassurance.
I feel a lot less stressed now and really appreciative of the staff I saw today - they said I could call at any time.

Got the sea-bands for the morning sickness - they seem to ease it a bit.

I had a scan at 6wk+6 at Preston hospital they told me that i was lucky cos if i was 7wk from my measurements i would of not been intitled to my 12 week scan, i dont know why they do it :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back