private scan at 5 weeks

babyg

Reaction score
Hi :)i

Just wondering if anyone in tri 1 has had an early private scan at 5 weeks? Or if u know of anyone who's had one?

Thanks

I would say to wait until 6+2 so you can see a hb. There s a big chance you only see an emry sac this early but because of your history f ectopic it's important t make sure the sac is in the right place so g ahead but prepare yourself that you may not see anything else than the sac

I had one at 5+5 on the NHS for a suspected ectopic hun, they could only see gestational and yolk sacs but it was enough to confirm everything was in the right place. I'd been having pains and bleeding and my GP took it really seriously and sent me straight up to EPU, so I would have thought you'd defo be entitled to one that early on the NHS hun with you having ectopic before? Xx

I had a scan at 6w2d and there was nothing there apart from the sacs and was measuring 5 weeks but the sonographer said if i went the next day they would of seen baby xx

Thanks for info girls

NHS has offered me early one at 6 weeks but I'm worried if it was ectopic again 6 weeks would be too late, my last one ruptured at 6 weeks from lmp but if I work out my dates from ov it ruptured at 5 + 3, I ov on CD20 on 32 day cycle.

I don't mind paying for one at 5 weeks just to see if things were in right place but I look at clinic near me and they said early scans 6-12 weeks, ill have to give then call to see if they can do one earlier?

Last time I had one at exactly 5 weeks(a private one ) to check if the sac was at the right place. You could see the sac very clearly at an internal scan but for an external one I suppose is hit and miss...

Aww I can understand completely that you want one to reassure you earlier then hun. I am just wondering if you would see anything at 5 weeks... I think they can often only see the gestational sac that early, and then the yolk sac appears a few days later, and my sonographer said they can't rule out ectopic until they see the yolk sac. I know a few girls on here have gone that early and then had to go back a few days later. Maybe an internal one would be clearer, earlier.

Defo give the clinic a ring hun, I'm sure they would be able to confirm how early you can go :) they could probs do your hgc levels from about 4 weeks too, as I think that can give an indication if things are progressing how they should be. Really hope to see you back in here soon with a sticky bean lovely! Xxx

When i phoned a private clinic to enquire, they told me they did them from 6 weeks onwards xxx

Thank you so much for info again, I will give them a call :)

Thank you so much for info again, I will give them a call :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back