Hi Everyone!

Spinneygirl

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, abit nervous bout coming into Tri 1 but trying to stay positive.

Ive been here before last year but unfortunately had 2 MC's, so hoping for 3rd time lucky.

I went to doctors last night and she did her usual checks and have made an appointment for midwife on 22nd Feb, i will be 7 + 2 I asked for an early scan but she said i would have to ask the midwife to book that.

For those of you who have had an early scan how did it happen for you?

Im sure im will asking lots more questions so thanx in advance :)

Nikki

xxx

Congrats on your bfp hun! It's so nerve wrecking isn't it, iv been having some awful dreams, must start thinkin positive! Iv booked an early scan privately as had mc last yr and NHS won't offer me one, I'm dreading it but need to do it for peace of mind, good luck with everything :)

Aww congrats on ur BFP! FX this is ur sticky one!

I got an early scan at 6+5 but its because I wasn't sure of my dates. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi honey. Congratulations hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy with a sticky bean. I've booked an early scan as we had a mc at 10+2 last time :-( It's this Friday so I'll be 6+1 but just want to put my mind at rest for a bit. Looking forward to hearing how you're getting on :) xxx

Congratulations :) I hope this is a super sticky bean for you.

The policy for early scans seems to vary greatly from area to area, although I would wait until I was at least 6 weeks if I were you. I got one at 9 weeks to check my dates, even though I was sure of them, although prior to this being arranged we were going to book a private scan for 7 weeks as I know I would not be able to hold out until 12. Sometimes they can't pick up the heartbeat before 6 weeks (hence i was going to opt for 7 to make sure!) and I think that would freak me out.

I would look into going privately. Good luck.xx

Last edited:
Hi Spinney,

Glad to have you here in tri 1 my lovely! :)

I'm having an early private scan at 6+2 and also an nhs one at 7+3 my good friend is going to be my midwife which will be great so she's already booked my early one.

Xx

Welcome! :) So nice to see you here!! I had an early scan when I was 9 weeks, but I know you can have them earlier as well. I think I have some pictures in my journal if you want to see;)

Wishing you lots of luck!!

:hugs:

Congratulations hun, hopefully this one is a sticky bean :)
xx

Hiya Nikki and Congrats! I saw my midwife at about 6+5, and told her I had a previous mc, so she automatically booked me for an early scan at my local epu when I was 7+4. She was so lovely, and it was amazing to see the tiny embryo with a flashing heartbeat - it made me cry!

Hi Ladies, abit nervous bout coming into Tri 1 but trying to stay positive.

Ive been here before last year but unfortunately had 2 MC's, so hoping for 3rd time lucky.

I went to doctors last night and she did her usual checks and have made an appointment for midwife on 22nd Feb, i will be 7 + 2 I asked for an early scan but she said i would have to ask the midwife to book that.

For those of you who have had an early scan how did it happen for you?

Im sure im will asking lots more questions so thanx in advance :)

Nikki

xxx
Hi Spinneygirl,

I hope this is third time lucky for you FX. I have had an early scan with this pregnancy due to previous ectopic to ensure baby is in the correct place (infact i've had 3).
My first scan was 12/1/12 but the sonographer said it was too early, they saw something in my womb but thought it was a water bubble (which may indicate another ectopic), so i had to go again on the 26/1/12 and this time they saw baby and we got to see the heartbeat, baby measured at 6w5d, the following day I had some bleeding so i called the m/w and i was sent for another scan on 30/1/12, baby is still doing good and is now measuring at 8w2d (little heffa lump). I totally understand how you feel, and i hope this pregnancy is the one for both of us x x

Congrats and best of luck, hun. x

Thanx everyone for the welcome and advice. For those of you who have had private scans, how have you arranged them?

Thanks
Nikki xxx

I went to the GP, and asked for a scan to be arranged. they will usually only do this if you have lost 3 or more, have had an ectopic or have had pains or bleeding x x

Hi Nikki,

So lovely to see you here, your avatar always makes me smile - now sprinkle some tinkerbell baby dust on the ladies in TTC :) Congratulations again xx

Congratulations hun! :D I just searched for private scan on google, found a local one, then just rung up myself and booked it in. Really hope this is third time lucky for you :) x x

Congrats on your BFP hun.

I can't help with early scan advice I'm afraid as not had one, my first scan is tomorrow!

FX for a sticky bean for you!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back