Who are you having with you?

poppy160 said:
I'm hoping just my OH, I wouldn't mind my bum being there while I'm 'Labouring.'

i had to have a good think about that there :rotfl: [/b]

im having my OH and my mum, possibly my aunt

I'm hoping I will be there :rotfl:

I gave James (OH) the option of not coming and he looked at me like I was mental. Oh well. No chance of having my mum with me, unless you believe in an afterlife and she's there in spirit :rotfl:

Im only having OH this time.

I had my mum there aswell when i had beth, thinking she'd be a great help, but she totally stressed me out. She was either standing in the corner crying her eyes out (even though it was ME in pain...i understand it now, buit it was so annoying at the time) or she was rying to give words of encouragement like shouting "push!!! PUSH THROUGH THE PAIN!!!" At whuich point i said "you push through the f*****g pain!!" and they asked her to leave the room..... :rotfl:

On the plus side though, OH didnt get half as much abuse as he was expecting cos my mum was getting it, lol.

Bless her though, she meant well. :) So just me and hubby this time. Nice.

I can have 2 people in the hospital but only one in the labour room at a time.

I'm not sure who though - my sister had her wee boy in 2006 so she might be a good idea as she has gone through it all recently but then I keep thinking I want my mum with me. Whoever I choose will probably make me cry when they cry as the pair of them as soppy :lol:

debecca said:
Aw Sazzylou, how cute is your mum? xxx

haha, yeah, she is sweet. It was just that im screaming in pain, and obviously seeing me in pain really upset my mum, but at the time i was really nasty too her...she thought what she was saying was helping, but it was really doing my head in. :rotfl: She got over it when she saw her new grandaughter though!

I thought she might kind of expect to be there this time, so we've asked her to take Beth overnight when i go into labour instead, so shes got a bit of a job to do, at least! :)

I was surprised how many people said they wanted to be there. I'm afraid an audience would put me off big time so it will be me (obviously), my partner and the midwife.

sarahpurple said:
I was surprised how many people said they wanted to be there.

I was surprised by this too. Ive had at least 3 friends ask (one who isnt even a close friend) and my Dad also asked about 10 weeks ago. I almost choked. My Moms told me not to text him until after the baby is born or he will want to be in the room. Can you ask the hospital not to let anyone come untill a few hours later?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :oops: Oh the thought of my Dad being there noooooooooo! way. :rotfl: My Dad going to stay out side in the waiting rom till baby is born and im desent agian. Thank god i dont think he'd wont to be there.

Hi Rachel,

It is wonderful that your Dad wants to get involved, I would be choked too!! The vast majority of maternity units have set visiting hours but I imagine this only applies when you are admitted to the ward and not in delivery. I imagine if you were in delivery that they wouldn't be letting many relatives in to see you if any unless you had prearranged beforehand. Best run it by your midwife at your next appointment because every hospital operates differently.

Good Luck

Thanks for that, I'll run it past my midwife when I see her next. My mom thinks he's trying to make up for the fact he wasnt around much (we saw him once a or twice a year as he was too "busy") Which is kinda sweet but I still dont want him there lol.

If i have a natural birth il be having my OH and my mum and if matts mum wanted to tag along too then thats fine!!!

With Oliver i had matt and my mum there but i had said previously that i wated time to ourselfs b3fore everyone came visiting so mum was there when i gave birth and stayed while he was weighed abd she took a fewphotos so about 20mins and then left us to it and we were by ourselfs till visiting time about 5hours later!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back