Getting to know you...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Just thought I would get a preggy getting to know you type thing going :)

Your name:

Best bits of pregnancy so far

Worst bits so far

How did you find out?

Who you told first:

What was their reaction?

What sex you are hoping for?

Symptom you love/loved having

Symptom you hated having

When did you start getting a bump

Any day dreams?

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc)

Heres mine :)

Your name: Sharne
Best bits of pregnancy so far Being told at 8 weeks that there was a heartbeat and seeing my little blob on screen. See my baby grow so much in only a few weeks and knowing things were ok. Appetite returning MC startin to go woohoo!
Worst bits so far week 7/8 being SOOO tired and being very ill and not being able to eat. Getting sciatica early on, very painful but all fine now.
How did you find out? Just after 12am on NYE i took a test thinking it would be neg and low and behold...
Who you told first: The Pappa
What was their reaction? Was happy but had a wait and see attitude to begin with.
What sex you are hoping for? Honestly don't care
Symptom you love/loved having Feeling really happy, and being tired kinda like cause i get an early night :)
Symptom you hated having Sciatica cause it was painful...
When did you start getting a bump Think its coming in a bit now, feel more pudgey in the stomach area and my tummy protrudes a bit more
Any day dreams? Giving birth, holding and seeing baby for first time, watching it sleep. could go on!
Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc) Thinking of a water birth unsure yet though...

Your name: Sarah

Best bits of pregnancy so far: It's all so exciting being honest. The first scan and seeing that there was actually something there, the second scan and seeing how much my little bean had grown :shock: Finding out we're having a little boy, my heart skipped a beat when I found out, I was over the moon and kept saying - i have a little boy!!! When I'm having a rubbish day and he starts kicking, in a strange way it comforts me having this little person around all day, cheers me up and puts a smile on my face :)

Worst bits so far: Having a kidney infection was the most painful :wall:

Who you told first: My best friend because OH was driving and I didn't want to cause an accident :rotfl:

What was their reaction?: She was so shocked and started panicking, it was a total surprise.

What sex you are hoping for? I wasn't bothered either way but had a boy feeling from day one :lol:

Symptom you love/loved having: Hmm I duno, I don't think I enjoyed any of my symptoms really.

Symptom you hated having: Tiredness is rubbish, My boobs were MEGA sore to start with, a few days before I tested I had a feeling that I might be, I even joined this forum to get some advice on my symptoms :rotfl: Look where I am now :rotfl:

When did you start getting a bump: 15ish weeks my belly started sticking out a tiny bit, but I still don't have a very big bump.

Any day dreams? Seeing my little man for the first time, changing his nappy, putting him in his pram, dressing him, cuddling him.. The list goes on :lol:

Any plans for birth yet?: Hoping to get a go in the birthing pool :cheer:

I leave 2nd tri today...
But im going to join in anyway!!

Your name:
*Sarah Louise

Best bits of pregnancy so far
*The Scans
*Finding out he was a he, lol
* Feeling him kick :)

Worst bits so far
* Being really ill around christmas time and not being able to eat :(

How did you find out?
* :shock: Was on the pill and didnt know until i was 3 months gone....

Who you told first:
*My OH, Lee

What was their reaction?
* Shocked... like me, but happy afterwards :D

What sex you are hoping for?
*A BOY!!!

Symptom you love/loved having
*None really.....

Symptom you hated having
* Back pain
* Rib pain
* Sickness at the beginning

When did you start getting a bump
* Around 20 weeks

Any day dreams?
Cant wait to take my little boy to his first liverpool match!

:shock:

Hospital.... gas and air maybe...

Your name: Dannii Priestman

Best bits of pregnancy so far: Seeing LO on the screen with a heartbeat!

Worst bits so far: Getting piles :(

How did you find out? Around Xmas, boobs were really sore and so I went to the docs because I thought it was the pill playing me up, the rest (as they say) is history!!

Who you told first: Girls at work, then the daddy

What was their reaction?Girls at work were over the moon, I was in shock, OH was in shock

What sex you are hoping for? Really don't mind :D

Symptom you love/loved having: My craving for milk was awesome, I knew it was healthy so I just drank, drank, drank to my heart's content!

Symptom you hated having: Extreme tiredness, I had no energy :bored:

When did you start getting a bump: About 8 weeks it was a clear one

Any day dreams? Finding out the sex, holding, bathing, playing with baby, comforting, kissing, dressing, snuggling on the sofa when they are a toddler with some popcorn and a duvet watching TV, making cakes, drawing together, colouring in together, watching them play, hearing "Mama" for the first time, first steps - the list is endless!

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc) Keeping an open mind. You can never plan for sure (unless C-Section) so I've decided to just go with it! I would like to try waterbirth, but you can't have pain relief apparently so like I said, I'm just going to go with the flow!!

Your name: Amanda

Best bits of pregnancy so far: Feeling Bubz move for the first time and the bump starting to show - soon I'll get a seat on the train!

Worst bits so far: A bleed at 6 weeks when we thought "oh no, here we go again" But all was fine :D

How did you find out?: Did a test at work on the day AF was due - had a feeling because I'd had a rash the previous week which I had with other pregnancies.

Who you told first: OH

What was their reaction?: Scared, excited, happy but worried too

What sex you are hoping for?: I don't mind, as long as it's beautiful like OH :D

Symptom you love/loved having: Big boobs, fat belly!

Symptom you hated having: Morning sickness

When did you start getting a bump: Around 14 - 15 weeks

Any day dreams?: All the places we're gonna take our child to, like the cinema for the first time, swimming for the first time, to the seaside, to the fair etc - just seeing their lil face discovering new things. And reading to it and baking with it - everything!

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc): In hospital with plenty of access to pain relief!

Your name: Helen

Best bits of pregnancy so far: first and second scan at 8 and 12 weeks and telling people

Worst bits so far: the back pain when it gets to the stage i cant climb the stairs or even walk

How did you find out? preg test, first one was negative then week later all 3 were positive lol

Who you told first: DH bless him, I didn't believe any of the test sticks, then we told our closest friends and both sets of parents

What was their reaction? he was so excited and gave me a huge hug

What sex you are hoping for? he wants a boy, i dont mind either but secretly hoping for a first boy

Symptom you love/loved having: big boobs, DH loved it hehe :oops:

Symptom you hated having: nausea, pain

When did you start getting a bump: still don't kinda have one, only now I'm starting to get one but it changes daily grrrr I want one now!!!

Any day dreams? all the firsts they will have!

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc) hospital birth all the way, due to pain relief but also due to the potential complications I could have but even if I didnt have these things I'd still go for hospital cos I want allt he pain relief they can give me :lol:

Great post Sharne :hug: :hug: :hug:

Your name: Amy

Best bits of pregnancy so far: 12 week scan, where I finally got proof to believe I was pregnant :D Hearing the heartbeat and the butterflies in the tummy that come with the thought of being pregnant :)

Worst bits so far: Extreme tiredness and nausea :(

How did you find out? By pregnancy test :lol:

Who you told first: Isaac my son, whilst running around the flat with him :lol: then had to text it to OH as he was at work hehe

What was their reaction? Glee :cheer:

What sex you are hoping for? To be honest I'm not hoping for either, but still excited to know :D

Symptom you love/loved having: Craving milk as I LOVE milk, and having an excuse for being weird or crying my eyes out :lol:

Symptom you hated having: Extreme tiredness and nausea :(

When did you start getting a bump: I have a pre-pregnancy bump so there's no noticable bump on me as yet :rotfl:

Any day dreams? Lots about the labour and birth, Isaac playing with his new little brother or sister, and the fun times I'm going to have on a daily basis with the two of them :shock: :lol: All good stuff.

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc) Homebirth :pray: , hopefully :pray: , I was fine up to 7cm with Isaac and co-codamol for the backache, no problems whatsoever except he wasn't budging, and labour from contractions starting to him being born was 86hrs so I ended up being induced, I really don't want that again, labour was so exciting up until drug intervention for me :roll: I just want to be at home with my family after this LO is born, Isaac and I were in hospital a week after his birth, I missed the family bonding :(

Your name: Jo

Best bits of pregnancy so far: So many-finding out I was pregnant, seeing her at 11 week scan, telling everyone, feeling the kicks, OH feeling her kick for the 1st time, hearing her heartbeat, watching my stomach move when she kicks, seeing her again at 21 week scan, finding out the sex and of course knowing that there is a little person growing inside me.

Worst bits so far: Morning sickness, exhaustion and the occasional panic!

How did you find out? Kept getting dizzy and light-headed so had to have a day off work, laying on the sofa and suddenly thought 'I bet I'm pregnant' so took a test.

Who you told first: My OH as I did the test while he was at work (he was actually really pleased that I didn't wait for him, he hates waiting) Then we phoned my parents as they live 200 miles away and we didn't want them to feel left out at all.

What was their reaction? Over the moon

What sex you are hoping for? We didn't mind but are so excited we're having a girl!

Symptom you love/loved having: a bump!

Symptom you hated having: exhaustion and morning sickness

When did you start getting a bump: about 10 weeks

Any day dreams? I keep imagining what we'll be like as a family

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc)Hospital water birth (if the pool's free)

YAY Great Idea for a thread!!

Me and OH
BM.jpg

Your name: Rebecca Smith (Becky)

Best bits of pregnancy so far: Seeing Baby Phump on the scans and feeling my baby moving inside of me

Worst bits so far: All of the worry! tiredness! Body issues!

How did you find out? Routine Pregnancy test that we had to take before starting fertility treatment

Who you told first: My OH then his mum

What was their reaction? Excitement

What sex you are hoping for? I'd be happy with either but OH wants a girl so i'd love to make his wish come true.

Symptom you love/loved having A bump

Symptom you hated having: Painful booblies, weight gain, tiredness

When did you start getting a bump: jean were too tight at 12 weeks but i didn't get a proper bump until 18 weeks

Any day dreams?: About making my baby laugh and just loving spending time with him/her!

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc) Would love a water birth and am hoping to be as natural as possible but not ruling anything out either as i've never been through labour before!

LMP x

Your name: Yvonne

Best bits of pregnancy so far: feeling baby move

Worst bits so far: new years eve n christmas eve spent tym in hospital, breast leak at college.

How did you find out?: took a test as a joke

Who you told first: The Dad

What was their reaction? Was In Shock But Hes Over It Now I Think

What sex you are hoping for? Were Team Blue

Symptom you love/loved having: Growing Boobs :)

Symptom you hated having: Back Pains i didnt get morning sickness and all the others oh n i h8 my breasts leaking.

When did you start getting a bump: 19 weeks came over night :) was a big shock but i love it

Any day dreams?: yeh kept dreaming abt beating people up i hav very angry dreams some times but then again i dream alot abt havin a lil girl which mum told me means im havin a boy.

Any plans for birth yet? Water Birth i booked in 4 it last week :) i cant wait woooooooooow

xx

Your name: katie

Best bits of pregnancy so far : seeing the line appear and a heartbeat at an early emergency scan :D

Worst bits so far: I forgot how much i worry so id say the worrying side of it.

How did you find out? an ebay cheapie at home with hubby.

Who you told first: myhubby then my mum.

What was their reaction? very excited :D

What sex you are hoping for? I keep changing my mind-have a boy so girl would be different but 2 boys is cute.

Symptom you love/loved having: my little bump (at the mo) and the guiltless chocolate eating. I blame baby!

Symptom you hated having: i had really bad morning sickness till week 10 this time, it was awful

When did you start getting a bump: about week 17

Any day dreams? no but if i were to guess id say girl as things are different but then you carry differently.

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc). Not sure yet but defo in hops for me, i just dont fancy a homebirth.

Your name: Lucy

Best bits of pregnancy so far: 12 week scan, 20 week scan when they said they were pretty sure the baby doesn't have Downs, feeling the first kick, my daughter feeling a kick!

Worst bits so far: Nausea constantly for 1st 13 weeks, sickness bug before Christmas and severe fluey cold afterwards!!

How did you find out? By pregnancy test

Who you told first: OH.

What was their reaction? Relief I think, I'd been a nightmare after the m/c!!

What sex you are hoping for? Really don't mind.

Symptom you love/loved having: Cravings for chilli and other yummy foods, feeling baby moving about!

Symptom you hated having: Nausea, bloating, not being able to walk very far due to the pressure!!! Leaking bladder with bad cough!!! Acid indigestion!

When did you start getting a bump: 10 weeks!!! Well I guess it is my 3rd!!

Any day dreams? Meeting baby, feeding and cuddling my baby, the moment when the girls meet baby/ bringing baby home!

Any plans for birth yet? Will have to go to hospital as have had a prev. c/section/ heavy bleeding but I'm hoping it will kind of be like last time and be as natural as possible, only with gas and air.

Your name: Alex

Best bits of pregnancy so far: Seeing baby on the scan at 12 weeks and feeling movements. In all it's been brill so far :D

Worst bits so far: Can't really say I have had any bad bits, I've been exhausted though.

How did you find out? We went on a sun caravan holiday and I had missed my period and felt a bit off so told the hubby we should test and was a bfp :D

Who you told first: Hubby, he was stood right outside the door waiting :lol:

What was their reaction? He was over the moon!

What sex you are hoping for? I don't mind!

Symptom you love/loved having: I havne't really got any symptoms the only reason I know I'm pregnant is cos of movement and the bump.

Symptom you hated having: none.

When did you start getting a bump: Started popping up about 2 weeks ago!

Any day dreams? That I'm having another boy

Any plans for birth yet? (ie homebirth etc) Hoping to go for a natural this time cos I had a c section last time but have to wait and see what the consultant thinks!

Your name: Charlotte

Best bits of pregnancy so far: 8 weeks scan showing baby with heartbeat and then 20 week scan watching baby move and yawn on screen - magic! Loved it all so far!! :D

Worst bits so far: ECH bleed at 8 weeks, hence early scan. That was an emergency trip to Early Preg Unit the next day for scan, we thought.. here we go again..

How did you find out? Was certain as AF was a day late and after hubby telling me not to jump to conclusions I rebelled went to supermarket at lunchtime and took a pg test, got BFP in ladies loos at work! :D

Who you told first: Hubby.. via text from ladies loos at work! :oops:

What was their reaction? Really excited but we were both cautious due to two previous m/c's.

What sex you are hoping for? We didn't care but we know we're having a little girl (97% sure anyway!)

Symptom you love/loved having: Feeling all the little kicks and also a milk craving which I love anyway!

Symptom you hated having: heart palpitations!

When did you start getting a bump: About 20 weeks

Any day dreams? Absolutely tons.. but mainly just holding my baby for the first time.. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back