Who are you having at the birth?

i had my mam and ex at the birth of my first son, My OH and my best friend at the birth of my second son and this one i plan to have OH and my sister, but my sister is delivering the baby so really its just my OH.

My OH wasn't impressed about my friend being there at the last birth but i insisted! Turns out she was a massive help to both of us in the end as he struggled seeing me in so much pain and she supported him and afterwards she helped me get showered and stuff, invalubale she was xx

I had my hubby, mom, dad,( yes a bit weird but he stayed up the top end and was more support than mom at times!!!) and sister. But i wont do it again, i was more worried about everyone else and what they were doing. I would just stick to your OH and mom if i were you. xxx

I was convinced i only wanted my oh at the birth, however, without going into detail, it turned into a long labour, and i ended up sobbing for my mam (too much drugs)! I had previously been totally against the idea of her being there, holding court, taking charge, whatever, but when it came down to it, that was exactly what i needed. I would never have managed without her. All i can suggest is to have two people on standby, so that they can give each other a break and not leave you alone. Good luck girls, soon u will be holding your lo in your arms and the rest is history xXx

I had just my OH at my first three births and he annoyed me so much the third time i vowed never again. I remember with no 3 him sitting opposite the room in the same chair and spot talking about cars and the market (work) as he did with no 2. With no 1 he was told off for taking the gas and air off me!! He's loving but has little experience with babies and doesn't feel comfortable i suppose. Would love to do it on my own but have decided that i will have OH there to fetch water etc and my sister for support. She hasn't got children but after seeing my mum give birth when i was 16 i thought i should share this amazing experience with her in the hope she'll return the favour one day!
Hopefully i'll have a home birth - so my three children can be part of the arrival too. I don't know how far i would like them involved - they are 9,7 and 6 and fairly mature - my 7 is fascinated by graphic pics of childbirth and my veiw of teaching the birds and bees is if they ask i will answer honestly in a manner suited to their age so they are very aware of how it all happens! My son will be as far away as possible i can imagine and my yougest watching tele lol.

It might all just depend how u feel at the time? Some people just want their mum when they are distressed/in pain. If it's a first timer u just dunno who you'll want. I would need mummy dearest as o/h thinks that pain is weakness leaving the body toss pot xx

o/h thinks that pain is weakness leaving the body toss pot

:trouble::slap:

if a man said that to me I think Id kick him HARD in the nuts, possible wearing stillettos, and then quote him word for word.

Haha! This is worse...... His friend said to his now ex o/h whilst she was in labour: ' u think this is hard, try 32 weeks of commando training' easy to see why they are now ex's lol.

OMG! some men really do deserve a kick in the nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back