Who are you having at the birth?

frances2009

Reaction score
I'm getting way ahead of myself but have looked a little into birthing options and I'm keen to use a 'home away from home' birthing centre run by midwives. I'm not sure if this is definitely the case but the website seems to imply that you are only allowed a maximum of 2 visitors.

The first visitor will be without a doubt my husband. I want him to be with me through the whole experience.

Am a little bit unsure about the second visitor though...

There is my sister but she has no experience of child-birth but is calm and level headed. Then there is my Mum but I worry that she would fuss too much and drive me mad! My mother-in-law would be great but think my mum would be upset. Finally friends, none have gone through child birth.

I could just have my husband but wondering whether he would need moral support?

Sorry for rambling.... who are you all having?

Last edited:
i would like my girls dad to be there but only god knows if he'll turn up, so probably my mum and my sister :)

my hubby. and my mum wud literally pish her nix if she didnt get in to see all so her too lol xxx

i will prob just have my hubby.

but to be honest i would love to do it myself just until bubs was ready to come out think i would cope better when no one watching. just me and mw would do for me till then.

do you think that sounds nasty?

My OH and my mum! My mum was such a great support in my 1st birth! x

I had my partner and his step mam unfortunlately my mum couldnt be there but my oh step mum give me alot of support xx

How does your OH feel about someone else being there? I had my last baby in a birth centre and OH wouldnt have wanted anyone else with us - it was 'our' thing. I was with my sister and her hubby for her labour but I planned to leave as the baby was born for the same reason - I felt it should be just the two of them. She had a c section in the end so I waited outside the theatre.

This time if we get our home birth then it will be just us but the girls might still be at home depending on the day and time of day.

i had my mother in law and my husband at both of the births when i talked to my mum i just said i dont want her seeing me in pain but still need a female there other than the midwife so that was my excuse my husband was great having his mum there as he had someone to talk to (long labours haha)

my ex told me he didnt want my mum to be at the birth but without her i wouldnt have coped. my oh im not sure if he wants my mum there but i want her there so its my choice. x

i had OH with me when katie was born, i would have preferred to have done it on my own tho!!

this time my mum offered to be there with me, cos we didnt know if he'd be around or want to be there. i told here she was the last person i wanted to be there...it ended up being me, my mum, dad and the ambulance man on the phone :lol: and katie was downstairs playing away in her play pen!!

With Alex I was on my own, and really happy with that. My mum was rather upset when I sent her home, but I know she just would have stressed me out more.
This time I'll let OH come in, but if he annoys me might send him out as well!

My friend had her OH and her mum, and they ended up in a bit of an argument over pain relief/C section that she needed, and haven't spoken since, which was a year ago. Oh dear!

My mother in law is not allowed anywhere near me!!!!!! I will begrudgingly allow her to hold the baby but OH and I have already agreed she is not allowed to babysit or be alone with our child, she is certainly not interfering with the birth!

My hubby missed all our births apart from the last one :D And it never bothered me :) I had really quick labours and was already in hospital so when oh was phoned and got there I'd already given birth :lol:

There's no way I'd want anyone else there, I very much go into myself during labour so wouldn't want the distraction. Last time was great though that hubby got there in time, was nice for him to at least witness one of the kids being born, he wasn't intending being at the bottom end but Katie came that quick they hadn't time to get the 2nd midwife in :)

I would really love a home birth this time round so I would have my husband there and also my older two children would be in the house with us so they can see their sibling shortly after birth x

I would really love a home birth this time round so I would have my husband there and also my older two children would be in the house with us so they can see their sibling shortly after birth x

thats lovely to have them so involved. I remember when my little sister was born and my mum went into labour overnight so a neighbour came over and I just woke up in the morning and my parents werent there. I felt really abandoned even though they'd told me all about hte baby noone had explicity said they were gonna dissapear without notice! Think its so lovely that your kids will be such a big part of it!

Ill just be having my partner there as my mum will be looking after our son!

My sister and my OH.. She done it without any pain relief and I know she will be great help and support.. As will OH, but my sister just that little bit more because she has experienced it first hand

thats lovely to have them so involved. I remember when my little sister was born and my mum went into labour overnight so a neighbour came over and I just woke up in the morning and my parents werent there. I felt really abandoned even though they'd told me all about hte baby noone had explicity said they were gonna dissapear without notice! Think its so lovely that your kids will be such a big part of it!

Thank you. That's what I think, it will be lovely for the boys to be involved straight afterwards. My husband doesn't like the idea at all though, thinks it should just be me and him, told him it will be for the birth if thats the way he wants it but not compromising anymore than that lol.

That would be really scary for your parents just to nick off and bring a baby back. Freaks me out just thinking of it lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back