white eye?

leanne1b

Reaction score
Hey. Missed me?
In photos, theres red eye. My friends fiance was telling me about something he'd read in a paper when a woman diagnosed her friends child with retinoblasta through a photo on facebook? The child's eye reflected white in the photo, not red.
Does anything else cause this to happen? There are 3-4 photos of this happening in photos of C today, all in the same eye? Is this something that should be checked or just kept an eye on, or not relevant at all? x

I've never Hurd of it - google?! If your darring?! Xxxx

If it happens lots when the photos are taken straight on I'd get it checked (he's right that it can be a sign of retinoblastoma), but if the photos are taken at about a 45 degree angle it's quite common to get a white reflection in one eye x

Hmm... That was a mistake!!! Lol. I'd never heard of it til he said it back then, but I have hears of it a few times since then. Something about cancer cells reflecting White or something like that? But obv google gives u the worse, and I'm looking for any other causes but it doesn't want to cooperate. But Christ, how can I take this child to the doctors again?!?! X

Lol sorry sams mum dint see your reply! 2 are at a bit of an angle, the others seem dead on, but might be at a very slight angle? Unlikely would get it 100%? x

Yeah. There on my partners phone so I'll get them to send them to me an I'll load them up. Through tap talk thing right? I'll have to do it tomorrow as his phones dead now but will do tomorrow.
Thanks for this xx

I've never uploaded photos on tapatalk but I think it's quite easy to do. Is it always the same eye? If you can, take lots of photos with a flash in a darkish room - if it's anything to worry about you'll probably see something in most of them. Try to get him looking at you if you can x x

I was going to say the same as samsmum xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I have heard of this, I remember reading about it in a mag. It would hurt to get it checked to put your mind at rest xx

---
-

I've never heard of it before but with others hearing about it I would just have it checked too xx

White eye is very common since digital cameras. Retinoblastoma is relatively rare (thank god) but is a white mass at the back of the eye which can show up on some photos as a white eye as the flash hits the back of the eye it reflects back as a white eye. If you are worried I would go to your gp and ask for a referral to your local eye department, you could also take your lo to A&E if you are really concerned x

Thanks all. My bf will be back from work this afternoon so I'll get try take some more then an upload the ones. Yeah it's always his left eye. Like, one will Red and the left are White, or one will be normal an the left eye right? Looks weird! Lol.
Thanks for all Your replies quick. He has diarhoea this morning so couldn't reply earlier. What a thing to wake to!! Lol.
I'll post as soon as I can the the photos x

5adcce1c-bdb7-3613.jpg
5adcce1c-bddd-4bfc.jpg
5adcce1c-bde9-38ad.jpg
5adcce1c-bdf5-2d22.jpg

When I looked it up it said to be aware of any where the eyes arent symmetrical, ie one red, one black/White/orange/yellow so given a variety! X

Last edited:
Theres 2 Im trying to add from my comp, how do I do that?!

I would have it looked at if your worried xx I haven't seen this b4 xxx

Yeah, think I will... OH seems a bit nervous about it which is making me think best get it checked because he's a so laid back he's horizontal kinda person x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back