Charlie's first trip to A&E !!! :(

mdsremos

Reaction score
We called the out of hours service last night at our local hospital as we were abit worried about Charlie. He was projectile vomiting after 2 of his feeds and although he didnt seem to be dehydrated he certainly wasnt his normal self and just kept dropping off to sleep which is definately not like Charlie at all. We also noticed a rash across his chest and stomach that was starting to spread over his back, shoulders and arms. The triage nurse who called us back was really nice and as I was explaining Mark noticed that Charlie was suddenly very vacant as though he was in a trance and after a few nudges he was back with us but this really freaked us out :(
Anyway, they told us to bring him straight to A&E and a doctor would check him over. I have to admit the examination was very thorough and we only waited 5 minutes to be seen. Well, everything checked was normal and he told us to keep a close eye on him and should we have any further worries they could either check him again on the childrens ward or go back to our GP.
He seemed brighter this morning and his milk stayed down better but he is flat out asleep again. I suppose if it is something like a virus then its just his bodies way of coping with it until it passes.

Thomas was very sleepy and in a trance too with his chest infection. He just used to stare at nothing not responding to anything then he would sleep and sleep and refused all his food. Now the antibiotics are kicking in, he starts to be more alert but he still goes into those trance moods from time to time. It might be their way to cope with things.

hope Charlie feels better soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back