Whinging

Caitlyns Mummy x

Reaction score
When do they realise that "eh eh eh eh eh" isn't the way to get what they want? Caitlyn asks for most things but if she doesn't know a word she'll point and go "eh eh eh eh eh" in the most whingey tone. Do I ignore it? I know she can ask for most things, but sometimes she just prefers to whinge for it. Will she grow out of it if I just say "mummy, can I have ___ please?" when she whinges for something so she picks it up? People keep saying "nip it in the bud now" so what do I teach her to replace it with? I thought she'd just grow out of it when she knew more words, but others seem to disagree.

Any ideas??

i dont have any advice really charlie does the same thing whines for everything, it drives me mad but i guess thats just there way of telling you what they want i think they should grow out of it!

awww bless! i love this if i'm honest. maddi's now replaced it with mummy ta, or if she know's the word, mummy ta juice or mummy ta up for example. personally i think they gradually lose it and replace it with sentences :)

Last edited:
Sometimes she'll say "me" and point, or "thank you" and point, but most of the time it's "eh eh eh eh eh eh" in desperation :lol:

lol i think it's a frustration thing too, i found at this age they no everything, but they can put what they want to say in words. lol once they find words they don't shut up :lol:

Yeah I think it's frustration too. She is having one of those weeks where she learns noticably more than usual and she has learnt so many more words. I think she gets frustrated when she doesn't know how to ask for something. That's probably it, yeah. Maybe every time she wants something and doesn't know that word we can try and focus on it for a while. Even if she can't say the word yet we can learn another way for her to tell me, I suppose. She's so far ahead in most things when she doesn't keep up with herself it leads to major frustration :lol:

Another case of if people didn't comment on it it wouldn't really bother me, I think!

oh toria :hug: you no what, i think that is just the thing! you no i've said it before, but why oh why do people feel the need to comment grrrr!!!x

She's just a frustrated bless her. It must be hard learning all those new words at once. Don't pay much attention to what other people think. Mummy always knows best

xxx

Toria hun, I agree with the others..just ignore other people! :hug: :flower: I find that since Lottie's come along I end up saying eh eh eh eh eh (or adult equivelent) to my hubby when I want something as I've COMPLETELY forgotten the word for it :rofl: She's stolen my brain!! So as the others have mentioned, it is more likely frustration and given time I reckon she'll get out of it. If you know that she knows the word for what she's after, perhaps ask her, do you men the 'x' to reaffirm that she knows it? or something like that?

:hug:

Last edited:
Thank you ladies x

We've had some trouble at home so that might have contributed to her being so frustrated too. So far today she's been alright. Asked for most things she wants. Fingers crossed!

Sam used to do that all the time too, but now I can't remember the last time he didn't just ask for something instead - I agree she'll soon grow out of it. If he was pointing at something I would ask him if he wanted what I thought he did and he would say 'yes please', but now he's learnt the words for most things he wants. He came into the lounge just before bed last night and said 'cake' (sadly there's no cake in the house :lol:) which surprised me so I said 'cake?' and he just said 'yes please' and sat down at his table :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Bless him!

Caitlyn is learning so much this week she repeats most things I say. Not good when someone slams a door into my foot and I shout "SHIT" but I'm trying not to :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back