Baby bath time

Princess81

Reaction score
I don't bath l/o every day. Normally every other day. It wakes him up so when he has one it tends to be in the afternoon and not at night. But then he whinges for a couple of hours before he'll go down for the night :eh:
O/h thinks I should bath him every night at the same time to get him used to it, but he quite likes a bath so I don't think he's going to need to get used to it. What do you all do? Should an 8 week old have a bath each day?

I was told not to bath him everyday and once a week is plenty, o hates the bath lol! I know others do it as part of bedtime routine tho so whatever works for u and LO I reckon

I bath Phoebe every other day, it;s normally at night but she keeps getting herself in a mess during the day just lately so I end up bathing her in the afternoon. She hates the bath too.
I know a lot of people do, do it as a bedtime routine but I'm a bit worried it might dry out her skin. Plus it just wakes her up anyway cos she screams the whole time :/ x

We do it once a week ATM but last week it seemed to send him to sleep so may do more often at night!

I used to bath Jacob every other day until he was 1 month and now I bath him everyday in the morning around 11am as the bath makes him very awake and not sleepy, he loves his bath, only bath he didn't like was his first one :)

Yeah I thought every day might be too much just yet. I think it'll be a good bed time routine for when he's older. The only thing that makes him sleepy is boobs lol x

We are doing everyday, mainly coz Jamie is OCD and thinks LO needs it. I've let him do it as I want this to be part of the bedtime routine soon and he loves baths xx

I bath Angel everyday as part of her routine (bath bottle bed) and she loves it :) x

I've never heard not to bathe LO every day :shock:, my MW (with both LO's) said to bathe once a day, & top & tail at the beginning/end of the day too

We've gave both our LO's a bath every night, as part of their bedtime routine, It totally knackers Kayden out coz he gets so excited & jumps about tiring himself out. I think what your OH might mean is that if you try & change it, for example, when LO starts nursery or you're doing more in the afternoons, it might confuse LO to get it at a diff time of day.

Also something to think about is when giving LO solids, the messiest time is dinner time & normally a bath is the easiest, esp if they've been eating solids all day. I always find with babies the best thing to do is start as you mean to go on, their creatures of habit & hate things getting changed, esp routines

:)

I bath Elyssa every evening at 6 but we have got into this routine and I can't break it now ;)

Up until LO was 3 months old, we bathed him every 2-3 days in the evening. The went to every evening as thats when i started a proper bedtime routine. It never made him sleepy but as time went on he knew it was coming up to bedtime as it was always, tea-bath-bottle-bed. He's never had a problem going down, has always gone down awake too.

Grace has had a daily bath since 6 weeks at part of bath, bottle & bed routine although I don't always wash her with soaps, if she's had a cleanish day she just gets to have a splash around.
Now at 12 weeks she gets sleepy when getting her jammies on after the bath :)

We've been bathing him every 3 days. He doesn't really like it at all and atm it takes 2 of us, which is a pain! I'll have to crack it myself when OH goes back to work.

How often do you all top and tail? Morning and night or just one of them?

xx

I've never heard not to bathe LO every day :shock:, my MW (with both LO's) said to bathe once a day, & top & tail at the beginning/end of the day too

We've gave both our LO's a bath every night, as part of their bedtime routine, It totally knackers Kayden out coz he gets so excited & jumps about tiring himself out. I think what your OH might mean is that if you try & change it, for example, when LO starts nursery or you're doing more in the afternoons, it might confuse LO to get it at a diff time of day.

Also something to think about is when giving LO solids, the messiest time is dinner time & normally a bath is the easiest, esp if they've been eating solids all day. I always find with babies the best thing to do is start as you mean to go on, their creatures of habit & hate things getting changed, esp routines

I was told not everyday at the hospital too as it will make their skin dry and they don't do anything at this young age to get proper dirty!

We top and tail every morning and bath on a Sunday evening!

I was told not everyday at the hospital too as it will make their skin dry and they don't do anything at this young age to get proper dirty!

We top and tail every morning and bath on a Sunday evening!

We do it on a Sunday evening :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back