a bit worried...

MarchPumpkin

Reaction score
Well I don't know if worried is the word, maybe confused/clueless but I feel like I'm missing out on what is best for Amelia's development.
I posted a thread about tummy time as I wasn't sure on when to start but seems as though I was a little behind as most of you ladies on here started early but no-one ever spoke to me about it.
Another thing is toys. Just read x_larlybelle_x post and it seems as everyone knew what lamaze was and I was thinking oh, :eh: something else I don't know about!!
Amelia has a play gym and bouncer with toys which she plays with and tries to grab them and also have little Alfie but apart from this I don't know what else to get and worried that I'm not interacting with her as much as I should. When Amelia isn't asleep, we are either playing or out in the pram.

Anyone got any suggestions please?? X

Hunny it sounds to me like you are doing just fine! If you said she was shut in an empty room all day then you would have cause to worry but she plays and has time outside. I honestly don't think it's the toys themselves that count, it's the interaction with us that matters most. Toys for babies are a pretty new invention tbh, the human race has been coping ok for millennia without what's available now

No one ever mentioned tummy to me either. I only heard it on here. Same with the Lamaze toys.

I still worry I'm not doing the right things, I think most mums do.

xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Sounds like u r doing absolutely fine hun! U can spend way too much on toys when the most important thing is time with mummy and daddy- they learn loads from u! I wouldn't worry about starting tummy time late, don't think there r any hard and fast rules with it and its only for a minute or so early on anyway! ....I still feel clueless about stuff at times but we can't b expected to know everything! Don't b too hard on yourself chick xx

Don't worry about toys so much as others have said. The main thing is that you interact with your lo and it sounds like you are doing that :). My cousin didn't know about tummy time when she had her little guy and didn't do it for about 4 months because he got so upset, and he is a perfect little two year old now. My days consist of playing with some toys with K, putting her on hervplaymat, reading to her, and taking her outside and telling her what things are. A couple minutes if tummy time are thrown in everywhere. I think we all worry about things though. I worry i let K lay on her back too much because she doesn't like sitting on my lap to play and is too tiny for her bumbo and exersaucer. I force her to sit on my lap for a few minutes here and there like I force her to do tummy time haha.

Toys are just props really to help mummies entertain their LOs... Like BB said, we managed without all these fancy toys in the past. As long as LO is getting exercise (physically, metally and emotionally) and lots of interaction, then he/she is getting all he/she needs. I only found out about tummy time through ths forum, but hardly did it because Emily hated it so much. Its only in the last few weeks we ave persevered with it a little more. We have a play gym which Emily loves and a few toys - but she has only started interacting with them recently. She loves grasping the toys on her bouncy chair. I talk to her loads, sing to her, read to her... Xx

Don't worry about toys so much as others have said. The main thing is that you interact with your lo and it sounds like you are doing that :). My cousin didn't know about tummy time when she had her little guy and didn't do it for about 4 months because he got so upset, and he is a perfect little two year old now. My days consist of playing with some toys with K, putting her on hervplaymat, reading to her, and taking her outside and telling her what things are. A couple minutes if tummy time are thrown in everywhere. I think we all worry about things though. I worry i let K lay on her back too much because she doesn't like sitting on my lap to play and is too tiny for her bumbo and exersaucer. I force her to sit on my lap for a few minutes here and there like I force her to do tummy time haha.

I was worrying about letting Amelia lie on her back too much as well as am worried that it'l be too much for her head as I'm already thinking that its goin flat but she loves it. X

Yes I worry about her head all the time and keep analyzing it lol. Everything stresses us moms out!

What everyone else says! I worried about this too but have just taken LO to Sainsburys and chatted to her the whole way round - realised she will have been getting lots of stimulation from the different smells sights and sounds. Figured the African tribes don't have Lamaze toys or worry about tummy time and their kids seem fine!! lol x

What everyone else says! I worried about this too but have just taken LO to Sainsburys and chatted to her the whole way round - realised she will have been getting lots of stimulation from the different smells sights and sounds. Figured the African tribes don't have Lamaze toys or worry about tummy time and their kids seem fine!! lol x

Yeah I do the same wheneve I'm with Max I just explain what wete doing, what were seeing etc I put more emphasis on interacting with him myself over toys, but both are good to do.

Tummy time is a new thing I never heard of it before! And I dunno about the flat head/laying flat thing to be honest as max isn't too keen on laying flat very much xxx

Evie hates tummy time so we don't do it all that often - naughty mummy!! In our house it's called face plant time... ;)

I agree with what all the others say!! You are still her favourite toy tbh!! I started going to sensory class tho which has really helped me learn how to play with him and what helps his development so if your worried maybe see if there are any classes like that around you??
xxx

Evie hates tummy time so we don't do it all that often - naughty mummy!! In our house it's called face plant time... ;)

Yeah Albert's the same. If he buries his face any further into the floor he's in danger of falling through it lol

lol alyssa is ok with tummy time for 5 mins max, her new thing is wanting to stand or sit up so i have to hold her up most of the time lol, he gets pissed off lying down very quickly now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back