Whinge

Olive

Reaction score
Ok I'm slightly hormonal atm, but does anyone feel more aggravated by certain friends now that they're pregnant?

I'm in one of those moods where people are peeing me off and I just cba with them. Why put in the effort?

One friend I used to chat to on the phone all the time and since I've told her I'm pregnant I've heard from her twice. She hasn't even asked me about my scan, which was 2 weeks ago. I've had to listen to her in bridezilla mode and had no problem with it. Or when she lost her job and had to call me to off load all the time :roll:

Then another, seems to rain on my parade all the time. It's like she wants to zap any joy from me being pregnant and talks about mc's all the time. Wtf.

Rannnnnnnnnnnnt.

I think I'm just going to have to avoid people that pee me off atm in case I say something I regret.

xxx

Weird, it seems they just cant be happy for you

I know this feeling, my 'best friend' has been driving me insane, gradually getting worse over the pregnancy and at the moment I cant be arsed to speak to here, so I'm not bothering incase I say something I'll end up regretting (like shut up you stupid cow)
Think it's best to avoid anyone that's going to push your buttons if you can, its not worth getting yourself annoyed over

My 2 girlie mates haven't been in touch since I told them!
We used to meet up every couple if weeks and hit the town but I no longer even get invited. I text & chat on Facebook but whenever I try to arrange a meet up it appears I'm not even aloud to set foot in a pub!
It's like they will only let me be mumsy and not the 33 year old woman I actually am.

If I can boogie with my bump while doing housework what's the difference if I boogie in public???
I've started to just give up them to be honest

Think it's best to avoid anyone that's going to push your buttons if you can, its not worth getting yourself annoyed over

I agree :)

Tbh I think phone friend might be ttc and not telling me and maybe that's to do with it. I assuming that because when we were ttc she made a comment about a psychic telling her she'd forget a pill and just 'fall', and not have to try month after month (referring to me I think - nice!) Peed me off big time because she knew we'd been trying for quite a while and was really insensitive. I think she's trying and will just use the missed pill thing when she is pregnant.

xxx

My close friend is 2 weeks behind me pregnancy-wise. We were firm drinking buddies beforehand. Now though, all she will talk to me about is pregnancy - no longer any more general chit chat :( and because I'm 2 weeks further on, she expects me to be the font of all knowledge, which I'm not :shakehead: so I've totally distanced myself :( my friends from home have all taken a keen interest in the pregnancy as well but are more up for general chit chat. The rest of my mates over here have kinda abandoned me as the "useless pregnant one" now :(

You aren't alone hun, not at all :hug: x

My 2 girlie mates haven't been in touch since I told them!
We used to meet up every couple if weeks and hit the town but I no longer even get invited. I text & chat on Facebook but whenever I try to arrange a meet up it appears I'm not even aloud to set foot in a pub!
It's like they will only let me be mumsy and not the 33 year old woman I actually am.

If I can boogie with my bump while doing housework what's the difference if I boogie in public???
I've started to just give up them to be honest

That's awful. It's a shame isn't it? I suppose I better get used to it!

xxx

My close friend is 2 weeks behind me pregnancy-wise. We were firm drinking buddies beforehand. Now though, all she will talk to me about is pregnancy - no longer any more general chit chat :( and because I'm 2 weeks further on, she expects me to be the font of all knowledge, which I'm not :shakehead: so I've totally distanced myself :( my friends from home have all taken a keen interest in the pregnancy as well but are more up for general chit chat. The rest of my mates over here have kinda abandoned me as the "useless pregnant one" now :(

You aren't alone hun, not at all :hug: x

Thanks hun. That's nice that you have someone who is pregnant at the same time, but I get that you want general chit chat too. It's almost like some people treat you like your life is over!

xxx

Wait until you start to show and go to a pub, the looks you get! Like you should be staying at home all the time. And I dont even drink alcohol

Wait until you start to show and go to a pub, the looks you get! Like you should be staying at home all the time. And I dont even drink alcohol

Oh god, I can imagine! People have an opinion on everything when it comes to pregnancy I guess!

A girl at work emailed me today to say congrats and said "I suppose you won't be coming to the Xmas night out this year then". Lol! (Although admitedly, our actual team one is shite and I'll poss use baby as an excuse lol).

xxx

i think its a really testing time for friendships. im lucky that some of my group have had babies and all have generally still come on nights out (just left earlier) so im lucky i still get invited.

my best friend in the world has been strange though. she was due her second the week i told her i got my bfp. she didn't seem excited (which i put down to being pissed off waiting for her lo to arrive) but since then she just doesn't seem happy for me. i find it hard coz i've been so excited for her, she got her last bfp when i was trying (which she knew) and i was still over the moon and asking her things all the time. with me, i feel like maybe she thinks her kids/pregnancy should be centre of attention? when i had my amnio i told her about it (bare in mind this is my closest friend) and she hasn't even asked me about it :cry:

ive become close to her sister and her sister is always checking up on me. so when i found out it was a boy i told her sister first, then my best friend got the right hump when i told her it was a boy coz it was obvious her sister already knew - barely got a congrats!!

ive decided to ignore it, we learn! when ur friends get preggers make sure you treat them the same way :hugs:

xxx

It's so strange how pregnancy can effect friendships, two friends of mine don't speak anymore (and they were always so close) and it's all down to one being jealous of the other's pregnancy (the baby is now 2 and they still haven't spoken) it's sad :(

Thats really weird. I can understand the feeling of not wanting to be around PG women though - after I lost my bean I didnt want to be around pregnant friends just because it hurt but I wished them the best and we still keep in touch (they were not close friends anyway)

It's so strange how pregnancy can effect friendships, two friends of mine don't speak anymore (and they were always so close) and it's all down to one being jealous of the other's pregnancy (the baby is now 2 and they still haven't spoken) it's sad :(

i know i'm a woman but..........women are bloody weird aren't they!? :eh:

Bonkers :looped: x

apart from all of us on PF, we are completely normal :oooo:

xxx

Oh definitely normal. Lol. (I sound a bit like rainman).

Sorry to hear about your best friend Pos. That sucks. I have a similar situation, kind of, with a family member wanting to be center of attention constantly!

xxx

xxx

Sorry to hear about your best friend Pos. That sucks. I have a similar situation, kind of, with a family member wanting to be center of attention constantly!

xxx

thank god we have each other right...? :hugs:

:sick:

xxx

xxx

thank god we have each other right...? :hugs:

:sick:

Oh yes :D I'm really glad :hug: xxx

Last edited:
best friend mentioned previously - hasnt bothered to ask me about my heart despite having been in and out of hospital the whole time to check on it, hasnt asked about the baby except for maybe once or twice, keeps texting me with her problems that need fixing, and now for some reason thinks she should be coming to the hospital when i have the baby....er no love I dont think so you cant just turn around now the baby is nearly here
tut tut tut very annoyed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back