which yoghurts?

Amy_J

Reaction score
marley is 6months today! woooo. which now means i can introduce some dairy into his diet!! i was just wondering what yoghurts you ladies give your lo's? i was going to give him the petite filous as im sure ive read about them on here but my HV told me that they contained LOADS of sugar??? i asked her which ones i should give instead and she told me just to check the labels in the supermarket for which ones have least sugar content & go with whatever i find (like i have time to do that you know! shes bloody useless!!!!) i was convinced the P.F ones were perfect for babies and kids but she was like NOOOO.

id appreciate any advice you all have!!!

ive never bought Noa any youghurt so i cant really give any advise more then if it was me i would be very careful with what i bought as im sure most things contains loads of sugar.

I would perhaps just buy natural youghurt n mash with some fruit for sweetnes? (maybe natural youghurt too much sugar aswell i dont know, never looked)

Im very weary tho about anything bought in the shop, prob way over the top as i refuse him to even have juice ;)
I hope you get som help and advise. Have fun!

ive never bought Noa any youghurt so i cant really give any advise more then if it was me i would be very careful with what i bought as im sure most things contains loads of sugar.

I would perhaps just buy natural youghurt n mash with some fruit for sweetnes? (maybe natural youghurt too much sugar aswell i dont know, never looked)

Im very weary tho about anything bought in the shop, prob way over the top as i refuse him to even have juice ;)
I hope you get som help and advise. Have fun!

ahhhh thankyou thats a great idea! i have some homemade apple and pear puree in the freezer so maybe i could wack a bit of that in some natural yoghurt?? i'll give it a try tomoro and wait and see what the other advice the PF mummies have for me!!!

I looked at the little star ones before and i 'think' their all natural ingredients! Tegans Not allowed any dairy so i can't advice anymore Hun x

I thought the little star one had loads of sugar in too.. Hopefully they've changed them! When the boys were little we either used natural yogurt with fruit purée (wow...iPod gives it a little accent :lol:) in or used no added sugar ones that are just sweetened with fruit. They're more expensive though - yeo valley do some, or Rachel's (I think) are nice too x

thanks ladies, all the advice these days is so conflicting!!! had a look on tescos so next time i do my online shop i think i'll get some little stars, and rachels, and some natural that i can add some puree too! i can try him with them all (and i'll eat them too!!!! hehe)

Good idea :) The sugar content might seem quite high in them all (apart from natural) because there's loads of sugar in fruit so even with fruit puree it's going to seem like lots x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back