What drinks does your toddler(s) have?

Lou

Reaction score
Isaac has water, milk, ribena, vimto and orange high juice. My mum also buys him fruit shoots. The reason I'm asking about drinks is because my friend gives her 2 toddlers milkshakes and I thought Isaac might like them too but I don't want to start him on something unhealthy, but then a milkshake is probably healthier than vimto or ribena anyway isn't it :think: Or do you think it would be a better idea to make him some home made smoothies? We tried the kids innocent ones (bloody expensive) and he never seemed to be able to finish a whole carton so I ended up throwing most of it away :roll:

He's never had fizzy drinks and I only buy toothkind/no added sugar cordial. If you do give your LO's milkshakes can you reccommend which one to buy please. I think he would probably like pink milk like Lola :wink:

ds has milk twice a day. He has blackcurrant high juice or diluted fresh orange juice with meals and water in a beaker available all day. I give him milkshake occasionally at weekends, just the tesco strawberry milkshake powder mixed with fresh milk (I only put half the powder in that they recommend though as he doesn't know the difference and likes it anyway. Last week he also had his first ever hot chocolate after getting cold in the snow. He won't be having that very often though :D

If we're out and about and I've forgotten to bring a drink out I buy him fruit shoot or ribena. He's had smoothies at my mum's and likes them.

Last edited:
Glenn has, Tesco blackcurrant high juice, orange one, he dont like cow milk, apple juice (fresh from the carton)
Lou....most of the milkshakes are made from semi-skimmed milk and are low fat, i do get crusha for my daughter and she makes it with semi-skimmed milk, have you thought of trying him on that?

Thanks girls :D

I think I had crusha as a child rach, I'll have a look in Tesco's. And yeah, we only ever use green milk anyway since I started my diet :roll:

Thanks again :D

Oh and yes I gave Isaac some hot chocolate after playing outside in the snow and he said he liked it but only had a few mouthfulls then said he was 'full up' :lol:

Lou said:
Thanks girls :D

I think I had crusha as a child rach, I'll have a look in Tesco's. And yeah, we only ever use green milk anyway since I started my diet :roll:

Thanks again :D

Oh and yes I gave Isaac some hot chocolate after playing outside in the snow and he said he liked it but only had a few mouthfulls then said he was 'full up' :lol:

I would check the ingredients of Crusha as I think it has a lot of artificial colours and sweeteners in it. Nesquick may be better I'm not sure though :think:

Cool. I need to check the labels :wink:

Dan only has water or milk. Hes started to get interested in other kids juice so will probably start buying him some soon.
I would try the smoothie Lou, some banana and strawberries, yummy. Agree, those innocent drinks are so expensive :shock:

oliver has juice during the day. milk for nap and bedtime. if he wakes in the night he gets water.

i used to give him water for drink during the day but he just wouldnt drink it,. and id rather he drank what he wanted via juice, instead of drinking just bits of water during the day and getting dehydrated

juice, mega milky tea, milkshake, milk, water and now hes after fizzy stuff which he aint gettin :lol: :lol:

tea, coffee, and diet coke with her meals

Kimbo said:
tea, coffee, and diet coke with her meals

:rotfl: Leah not you !

At play centre there is a smoothie recipe on the wall so i'll jot it down thursday and post it on here :D

Thanks for your replies, appreciate it :D

:lol: :lol:
I'm only joking.
She just drinks sugar free juice and when she goes to her dads she always comes back with a fruit shoot :lol:

Kimbo said:
:lol: :lol:
I'm only joking.
She just drinks sugar free juice and when she goes to her dads she always comes back with a fruit shoot :lol:

Trouble maker :lol:

Seren has milk, weak squash or water. She occasionally has either a weak banana milkshake or a smoothie as a treat occasionally.

Beanie what milkshake mix do you use or do you make your own?

what is green milk?

Lou I just use the nesquik powder - but a very small amount. She only has it once a week though or I just bung in some bananas and frozen berries and whip up a smoothy occasionally.

Green milk is semi skimmed :)

And thanks beanie :wink:

oh lol i thought it was actually coloured green!!! :rotfl: :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111