which is more sensitive HPT- First Response or Clearblue dig

JPS

Reaction score
Got a faint positive with FR that disappeared at 10 mins. Took Digi following avo which said 'not pregnant'. Wrote to First Response 'Midwife Help Line' who basically said I am pregnant. Or the exact letter read (If you want to read):

"Home pregnancy tests work by detecting a hormone called HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin), this is excreted by the placenta once the embryo has embedded in the lining of the womb.
To be accurate they need to be used and read according to the instructions on the packaging. Your test showed positive within the time span given, so this would indicate that you are pregnant. You could repeat the test in a week when HCG levels should be higher to confirm this, or make an appointment to see your Doctor for confirmation.
It is normal for changes to occur to the test stick beyond the time given for reading the result.
I hope this helps you. Any further questions do email back.
Kind regards,
The Midwife Helpline".

The thing is, the disappearing positive happened to me 3 weeks ago as well and the ebay cheapies keep coming up negative.

I did an ebay test ultra early from homehealth/ fertility plan and I can see a colourless line under the light as well as the coloured control. Has anyone else experienced this too?

I am very doubtful that I am pregnant :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, I held my test up to the window and could see a colourless line, think it's just where the line is ment to me, I'm not pg either...I was going to open another test to see if I could see it on that too but I diddn't bother.

I'd go to dr's for bloods :hug:

I had an evap on the ebay cheapies as well... it was a definate line though and i could see it in normal light and holding it 3ft away from me. Sadly it WAS an evap and i wasnt pregnant. FR are also a little bit renowned for evaps as i have heard a few girls on here say the same thing. Normally if you are pregnant the line doesnt disappear (although it may change to a darker colour when its dried) Even the OPK's i do never lose their colour even after weeks! A clearblue digi will pick up pregnancy 4 days before AF. I would trust this make and brand over any other as i have never seen anyone with a false result! good luck :hug:

Not sure at all when I ovulated as started charting on Fertility Friend mid cycle (Well not at the start of AF anyway). My chart is very rocky as I am still getting my cycles to normalise again after the depo jab 18 months ago.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1ff42a

Is the link to my chart so you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back