Negative result from First Response preg test - pregnant????

tams24

Reaction score
Hi,

I am due my period in two days and today did a First Response Early pregnany test (which states that it can detect pregnancy up to 4 days before your period is due). The result was negative! I then read many articles online that stated that this test was not as accurate as they say. Has anyone had False Negative from this test at this stage in their cycle. I have what I beleive to be some preg signs - sore boobs, cramps, tiredness (although I know it could also be my period on its way). Hopefully it wont come and I can test again.

How likely is it that I could be pregnant after the negative result?????

iv heard they dont work very well. and i had a lot of pregnancy symptoms but it was just my period! :x

I would recommend doing a clear blue hun!
i've had false negatives with FR.
And so has wobbles

xox

Thanks..will give the clearblue a try. How long do you think I should wait?? Period due 30th Jul (negative result from FR today 28th)

Do tomorrow with FMU if you can....
Best to do it first in the morning, most concentrated!
Good luck hun, hope you get BFP!!

xox

if you read the packet it does tell you its not 99% accurate till the day af is due i had a positive on last pregnancy 3 days before af was due with this test but it doesnt work for everyone id say wait 2 days and test again xxxx

I did get a strong positive til Thursday - 6 days after I was due. This is because I ovulate later. Clearblue showed up faintly positive from 1 day late :)

Hi hun :wave:

Welcome to the fourm!

I don't rate those tests at all, although I did get a very faint positive with them. Personally I think the clearblue are the best and they seem more sensitive if you ask me?!

Although some people do not get their BFP until into week 5, my sister was one of those, in 2 of her pregnancies!

All the best! xx

Hi, :wave: Just popped in for a wee nosey.. Wit my 1st pregnancy I used a clear blue test, it came up positive.. 2nd pregnancy I went to a chemist and left in a urine sample, was only £4.
So i recommend if u think ur pregnant, why not try a chemist, as its cheaper, and its the same one the doctor uses!

Good Luck xox
(1st pregnancy didnt work)

Hi

I suggest try the day your due if your af doesnt come, good luck to you hope af doesnt arrive :D
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back