WHICH HOSPITAL????

floatfree

Reaction score
hi everyone, can anybody give me some advice, our local maternity hospital has closed down (fazakerley liverpool).

my problem is the next nearest one is the liverpool womens hospital but my wife is concerned and is considering going to ormskirk.

i was wondering if there is any ladies who have given birth in either and what has their experience been.

any advice would be much appreciated as my wife is quite upset because she dosent know which one will be best for her and the baby

thanks j

Really sorry to hear about this! It must be stressful for you.

I don't have any advice to give but I Am sure that someone on this forum will be able to help.

Have you googled maternity services with your postcode????

Lyndsey

thanks lyndsey, yes shes worried about it and is feeling really stressed. i thought i would try a forum because thats where you meet the 'real' people who have actually been there and done it, instead of reading what the big organisations want you to read if you know what i meen.

hiya iv just asked her she dosent fancy a home birth and theres a birthing center in liverpool womens so thats looking good

thanks

I am on the Wirral, my hozzie is Arrowe Park but I know alot of friends who have chosen the Womens, Liverpool. Its supposed to be fab.
They offer water births too, which I really fancied, but we didnt fancy the trip throught the tunnel in labour!!

Good luck xx

hiya how long ago did your friends stay in the Womens, Liverpool. my wife said it used to be great but shes heard some stories that they are under staffed, i personally believ the womens will be better but its just putting her fears at rest.

our last baby was a water birth i highly reccomend it

My friend had her first baby there last year, she laboured at home, went in at 9cm and had him a few hours later..there was no complications and she was home 4 hours later. It was her choice to go though, she didnt want to stay in.

We asked the question last night about staff at Parent Craft, and there were a few girls there from the Wirral, but who are having Liverpool Womens for their birth...they had heard horror stories of women being left alone in labour due to under staffing...the midwife reassured them it wasnt the case but she did say the Womens deals with around 10,000 births a year (I think) as opposed to Arrowe Park who have 3,000 a year with the same amount of midwives! :shock:

I was born in Liverpool Womens :lol:

Hasn't that just received the centre of excellence status?

I wouldnt be surprised, I have ard very good things about it.

I would of choosen it myself as I wanted water birth and coz of good reports, but we live through the Mersey Tunnel, and both OH and I were nervous of the journey whilst in labour!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back