• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

where will your little one sleep?

isobel84

Reaction score
Im not sure i would like something so fragile in bed with me!?
But if its in a mosesbasket/ cot it will be so far away!! (even if its just next to the bed:roll:) What are you planning to do/ have done before?
It even scares me to breastfeed in bed in the middle of the night what if i fall asleep and squash him or her?
My sister said she once fell asleep and when she woke up her little boy was all under the duvet boiling hot!

I had Brandon in my bed with me since he was born (what a mistake!!! :lol:) Took me soooooooooooo long to get him to sleep in his own bed later on as he was so used to mummy being there next to him! So I am not going to do it this time! I will have him in a moses basket next to my bed and later in a cot!

the thought really scares me! I dont really want the baby in our room to be honest, I sleep talk, sleep walk and have night terrors which make me leap out of bed and accross the room with fear before i come round and feel a right idiot. can you imagine the baby having to see that, its traumatic enough for OH!!!

:lol: @ tiny! I never had any problems with him in my bed, didn't think it would be dangerous and he was absolutely fine... I wasn't a year later though :lol:

OMG a year!!! doesnt he wake up when you come to bed? Im not sure how it all works. I wriggle about loads too, Id be so scared to have a little baby there!

is it even possible to sleep in the beggining or do u sort of get up to check on the baby every 5 min?
Maybe im extra scared as my sisters little boy when he was newborn stoped breathing twice and had to go in ambulance rushed to hospital and what if my sister wouldnt been there watching him.. i dont think i will be able to relax atall.

My baby will sleep in a Moses basket next to my bed then will go into a cot in it's own room after a couple of months! With DD I was forever checking to make sure she was breathing through the night! It's completly normal to worry Hun

DD slept in bed with me until she was 2 ish (I was single) but my OH hates the idea of baby in bed and tbh I'm not too sure I'd be comfortable with both of us there x I was looking at getting a snuggle nest to put in bed with us (ooooh quick note I never slept with a duvet on until she was about 12-18 months old as they're not recommended, I slept with a sheet and a blanket if needed) but I don't know if it's safe and my big sis has bought us a Moses basket with stand so will be using that right next to the bed on my side until it grows out of it and then it'll be in cot in our room until it's about 12-18 months x x I would love to sleep with bubs again but I can't see it being possible x

I'll have baby in a baby hammock next to the bed. No doubt I will fall asleep every time with him stuck to my boob. I always did with Nell and she'd still be there in the morning chomping away lol!!

have you heard of those movement sensor alarms? They go off if they feel no movement for a certain number of seconds so you can check theyre not breathing. My mum was like "dont get one of them, it goes off all the time and youll end up checking" but I think if I DONT have one Ill end up checking every 30 seconds anyway! At least if the alarm doesnt go off I can relax instead of wondering if hes alright and not sleeping!

Amy jane-what's a baby hammock, how does it work? x x

It's called an Amby natures nest. It is like an A frame with a dangly hammock. It is supposed to replicate the movements of the womb. When baby wriggles, it sways gently and soothes them. Nell had one and it was a god send. Had to wake her to go on the school run lol x

I managed to sleep but I was naturally alert all the time. Plus you need to get up a lot for feeding anyway! And by the time they wake up less for feeding they are older as well so you don't have to worry so much! It is natural to worry but I never had any problems and it was more convenient at first! But as I said it was a real struggle trying to get him to sleep on his own later!
Everyone's different though and there is no right or wrong, whatever you feel is right and good for you and your baby :) x

Wow that hammock looks amazing! So natural x

Im planning on having LO in a moses basket next to me for the first few months but im already worrying, i keep looking up things like 'best ways for baby to sleep and avoiding sids etc' and it says baby is not to sleep near a radiator or a window, my bedroom is quite small and whichever way i place the furtniture the LO will still be near to one or the other.

I'm planning to keep the spare bed in the nursery just in case i worry that much and just move basket into there! I'm sure my OH would enjoy the full nights sleep!

Yea I would deffo recommend it!! Lasts for almost a year too. And you can sell them for a good price on ebay when you've finished with them too. I got Nells 2nd hadn for £95 and sold it a year later for £95!!

Just bought another for little fella! It is my new baby must have! Even hubby agrees so it must be good lol..

im starting to feel like theres something wrong with me, Im the only one not planning to put the baby in our room :cry: My MIL said something the other day about how lucky we are to have a good size room so we can have the baby in there as long as we like. I just feel like our room in grown up teritory. do you think Ill be neglecting him if I put him in his own room? I dont want him to have attachment problems or anything!!

Tiny: I would put the new one in another room but he will have to share with Brandon and the only reason I am not putting him there straight away is because I don't think it's fair on Brandon, he will want his sleep and not to be woken up all the time plus it will be easier for me to get to him. Otherwise I would put the new one in his own room as well :)

Tiny, my mum never had me or my brother in with her at all. She keeps saying to me that i don't need too have it in the same room. i think its just personnal choice hun x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back