What's gone wrong?

jennifer1981

Reaction score
Dylan has never needed much sleep throughout the day. He cat knaps for about 10 mins after his 3 hourly feeds and that's it throughout the daytime. At 7pm i give his his bath and a bottle and he usually goes down about 8pm and only wakes for feeds through the night and wakes properly about 9am.

Tonight though he has catknapped all day as per usual but after his bath and bottle he was wide awake. I tried to get him to sleep but he wouldn't go. Me and OH have just got back from a 20 minute walk (which we have just took him out on in desperation) and he is STILL awake. How can he not need to sleep?!?!? His routine has been the same since he was born. I hope this isnt the start of things to come.... he STILL wont go to sleep AHHhhhhhhhhhhhh :wall: :wall: :wall:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i empathise completely. connor seems to need very little sleep compared to me... he slept pretty well for the first month or so, but has got steadily worse since then - sorry if i'm the bearer of bad news! he finally got the hang of 'bedtime' at around 4 months, but is still usually up by about 2am for his first feed of the night. he doesn't generally sleep during the day now either.

what time did he go off in the end?

possibly a growth spurt? how much does he have to drink before bed? maybe a bigger bottle will help him drift off. My son has days like this so i usually wrap him tight in a blanket, make him a huge bottle, he rarely drinks it all but at least i no hes full then lay him next to me on my bed and cuddle him til he drops off then carry him to bed. we normally have to do this a couple times a week when hes being stubborn about going to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back