• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

where does baby sleep for naps

ozzy

Reaction score
my lo is sleeping through roughly from 9pm till 7am. He likes to have little 30 mins naps throughout the day every 2 hours or so. Just woundered where your lo sleeps for there naps during the day? he is no longer in moses basket or pram as he is now too big. before his last bottle he can sleep upto 1 and half hours around 7 ish im thinking i should put him in his crib upstairs rather than his pushchair but sometimes he doesnt wake.! where does your LO sleep before there last bottle? thankx

In his cot, big sister is far too noisy for sleeping in the moses basket downstairs. :rotfl:

I put Maia down in her moses basket in our bedrom with the curtains closed. Sometimes she will have a good nap and go down noproblem but other times she fighst sleep and will only really nap for 30 minutes or so and then want to be cuddled. As soon as she falls off again I try and put her down again.

hananh slept on the couch till she got too big and could roll over ect so we moved her to the cot, her naps then lasted alot longer too... so best all round really.

I've been thinking about this as well, we are in the same situation. At the moment we are letting him sleep on the sofa until his last bottle but was thinking about trying to put him in his cot with the monitors on :think:

Logie sleeps on me during the day. The moment I put him down he wakes up! :wall: :wall: :wall:

We have a playpen (was a bit unsure about it at first) in the living room that was a pressie from sister in law and it's turned out to be great. It's great for her day naps, just the right height for changing her in and fab when I need to go pee :rotfl:

On her changing mat on the floor. Unless she's in a clingy mood like today then just on my knee. Try putting her anyway and she'll wake up crying.

I was using the playgym mat for Jacob to have his daytime naps, then we invested in a travel cot which we keep mainly in the living room for him to have his daytime naps. Really recommend this as I can be reassured that he is safe in the travel cot if I have to nip out the room for a few seconds. Ours was £29 off ebay brand new.

During the day he'll only sleep on me - he either falls asleep feeding and then sleeps on my lap, or falls asleep in his wrap if we go out for walks or I'm doing the housework with him attached. If I try to put him down in the day he's wide awake again, although luckily he goes into his cot fine at night.

Pretty much only in the magic sling during the day, is the only place he will sleep in daytime :wall:

Thomas used to sleep in his carrycot up until a month ago
now he sleeps on a pillow on the sofa as he doesnt roll over yet
xx

Alex sleeps on my knee. Sometimes if I'm really lucky I can transfer him to the sofa and replace dummy with boob - if not I end up with a numb bum from sitting with him on me lol.

I put Callleigh down for a nap on my bed. Usually takes about ten mins to get her off to sleep as she is a right sleep fighter in the day. If i havent got housework or other jobs to do i have a nap with her now i have learnt to sleep in the day :D

In her cot for all naps now, she's too big for her Moses basket!

Last night after her last feed she was well alert and the moment I put her in her cot she dozed off! Result!!!

Hmm, can be anywhere....

Cot, on me, pillow on my lap, pushchair, car seat.....

The other day he had been an absolute nightmare and fell asleep in the car and there was nooooooo way I was waking him so rather than taking my turn off to come home, I did a 50 mile round trip detour to Spalding and he stayed asleep the whole time. I got to Spalding, turned around and came home. Madness LOL

Wow i must be super lucky then i always took it for granted that Morgan falls asleep instantly. I never thought of it as lucky, second i put him in his cot day or night he falls asleep. Never had him fall asleep on me or cry at all at bedtime, just straight to sleep? :cheer:

Wow i'm going to appreciate him sleeping much more now. :shhh:

Jenna is still having 3 naps a day (she sleeps at night 7pm til 6:45am so I let her sleep as and when she wants during the day). First nap is always at home in her cot, from 8 until 9ish. We are out and about most days so she will nap in the car or in her pram. Last nap is usually at home, from about 4pm til 5pm, again in her cot. When she was little we used to put her in her moses basket once she was asleep. Now we just put her down in her cot and she falls asleep by herself.

Emms sleeps upstairs in her moses basket in her own room with the curtains shut. She will sleep for longer there where she can get some peace!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back