where are you giving birth?

k8_005

Reaction score
I know we can't always plan this but ideally where will you give birth, I'm not sure if I'd prefer labour ward or birthing center. I know I do not want water birth and I do not want home birth so it's just between the two main choices really my hospital and birth center are both at wexham park slough.... Who else ? X

At the moment I'm set on the birthing centre which is at my local hospital and just a lift ride away from the labour ward. I'm due to go on the tour of the labour ward and birthing centre in the next few weeks which I think will help me decide for certain either way. I would like to try a water birth this time and I think with the birthing centre you have the option. To be a bit more flexible x

Labour ward for me because we don't even have a birthing centre to choose from!!

Labour ward :) not even heard of a centre round here!
I used to work on there so will be weird being on the other side! X

Birthing centre for me :)
I'm really hoping for a water birth aswell!! Xx

Labour ward for me, I need doctors & drugs haha x

Labour Ward for me :) I don't even think we have a Birthing Centre x

In aiming for a water birth in a community midwife led unit - 40mins in opposite direction from our house to hospital. Lol - but local hospital is minging.

Slightly concerned me might not reach it though as DD1 was quite a short active labour, despite being back to back and morphine to slow it down. So statistically this one could be much faster. Have told DH to realistically prepare for the possibility of delivering her himself. Lol

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Just the labour ward, I have been given no other options

I have no choice but to have them in a labour ward but that was the case if it had been a single baby too! Gutted as our hospital has a lovely new birthing centre!
Xxx

im high dependancy do ward :( did want the birthing center but its not a option this time :( x

I have no choice... it's the labour ward for me as I'm consultant led and need paediatricians to check baby when it's born... but I'd like a water birth that hasn't been ruled out for me if it's available x

I'm hoping for waterbith at the hospital.... but my hospital is rather shit and I think there is only one birthing pool. There are tours coming up soon so will have a mooch round then :)

Mine's the same Ruth... one poxy pool... you'd think they'd have more of them by now.. xx

I know, I kind of just expected there to be at least 3 or 4.

I'm not setting my heart on it, as knowing my luck it won't be available!

Thanks ladies reallyy interesting hearing the diff views I am clshared care consultant and mw so not sure if il be allowed birthing center but it's litrally just upstairs to labour ward in our hospital so am going to ask. I just want the calmest environment for me really :) as for asking u all well I'm just nosy lol

Mine's the same Ruth... one poxy pool... you'd think they'd have more of them by now.. xx

Apparently they aren't as popular as you'd think. My mum also told me that, in ours, it depends on the midwife you get and whether she's happy for you to use it, as some aren't so keen (shouldn't be an issue really as its YOUR birth, but apparently...!!)

K8 - I'm going to the Isis centre in Wexham, hopefully! Plan on a water birth as well. Have you had a visit there yet? We went the other week and it seemed ok

The nearest birthing centre to me is an hour away so will be labour ward, plus I've been having a few problems so I'm guesses I wouldn't be allowed the birthing centre even if it was closer. With my first I wanted a water birth and I actually managed to get the room with the pool but I found having a bath really uncomfortable and the thought of getting in the pool just really didn't appeal x

I have a hospital and a birthing centre equal distance. But I think I'm going to the MW led unit at the hosp. Then its only next door to the labour ward just in case! Need to find out my options and discuss with MW really

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back