Birth Plan

cloud9

Reaction score
I have tried to write a birth Plan today...To be honest I want to be quite flexible as the who labour thing seems quite unpredictable.

What do people think? is there anything more I need to add it hardly seems worth printing off

Birth Plan

I want to be as active as possible during birth
I would ideally like to manage with gas & Air but should I not be managing will consider and epidural
If mobile epidurals are available that would be preferential for me
I do not want to be given pethadine

I also did spellcheck and it didn't recognise pethadine it suggested i replaced it with methadone LOL

sorry a bit long but this is my unct copy, am finishing it off tomorrow :)

STUDENTS VERY WELCOME

Prefer to be at home as long as poss

Would like to have my music

I would like to be as mobile as possible to use birthing ball etc.

Will be using tens machine to begin.

I would be able to choose my own position unless the m/w etc advises me otherwise

I would like gas and air to be readily available

I would prefer to avoid an epidural unless I ask for one 3 times inbetween contractions when I am in sound mind.

I would like to be aware as would my partner as to what is going on all of the way through and unless extreme emergency would like to be talked through any intervention that takes place.

Whether c section or natural delivery, would like immediate skin to skin contact with my baby and an attempt to feed.

If I am incapable of holding him immediately for some particular reason as long as no necessary intervention is required for him,he must go straight to my partner.

My partner will prefer to confirm the sex of the baby to me

My partner does not wish to cut the cord

I would like medication to assist with the 3rd stage

cloud9 said:
I have tried to write a birth Plan today...To be honest I want to be quite flexible as the who labour thing seems quite unpredictable.

What do people think? is there anything more I need to add it hardly seems worth printing off

Birth Plan

I would ideally like to manage with gas & Air but should I not be managing will consider and epidural

I also did spellcheck and it didn't recognise pethadine it suggested i replaced it with methadone LOL

JR don't offer pethadine, it's another name but can't think what it is :wall:

cloud9 said:

Birth Plan

Probably an American spell checker, they use alot of different names for drugs in the US. Pethadine and methadone are both opiate drugs like heroin, so its not a daft as it first seems!

kirlykird said:
JR don't offer pethadine, it's another name but can't think what it is :wall:

Are you thinking of diamorphine?
I hate pethadine, i had it when i was in hospital with my kidneys and it made me feel horrible!

My birth plan is pretty basic but ill prob just end up shouting at the MW for her to give me what i want lol

Im not having an epidural, no matter how much it hurts! My mum thinks i will haha :rotfl:

I won't bother putting mine up, as its pretty much the same as KK's :rotfl:

chaelihol said:
Im not having an epidural, no matter how much it hurts! My mum thinks i will haha :rotfl:

Thats what I said but I ended up having one! :lol:

I didnt actually ask for one though, they offered me one to lower my blood pressure. I felt like kissing the midwife when she suggested it :rotfl:

Looking back I think they only offered me one to shut me up cos I was crying with the pain :oops:

It doesn't matter what's on it cloud9, just that it's what YOU and your birthing partner want :hug:
It gives the MW something to refer to, and it will help your birthing partner for when you maybe cannot express your wishes, we all know it's unpredictable but it helps give you confidence knowing you have expressed what you are wanting, regardless of any special circumstances that may arise that change anything on it :hug:

i aint done one yet lol, probley wont bother now i will just go with the flow

mummykay said:
you know what ur doin sarah, its ur fourth lol!!! :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl:
im hoping baby will just slide out this time and i wont feel anything (wishful thinking) lol

I asked for Gas and air and Peth, i remember screaming for it last time :rotfl:

I've also written no Epi (cut) unless absolutely nessisary(sp?).

And baby only to be monitered if it allows me to move around, i found lying on my side was best for me and in my first pregnancy they kept asking to put this flippin belt on and lie on my back !

I cant make any kind of birth plan as i dont know what i can have and cant have with the injections. I know i cant have an epidural though.

I cant make any kind of birth plan as i dont know what i can have and cant have with the injections

what injections are you having flame sorry if i have read it and forgotten but not got much memory these days

I haven't a birth plan either - gonna go with whatever my body tells me it wants or needs!!!

cloud9 said:
what injections are you having flame sorry if i have read it and forgotten but not got much memory these days

I am on Clexane injections to thin my blood.

I have finished my birth plan today but just stolen bits from KK . :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back