When....

I think I really need to start buying stuff now reading what all you guys have brought

i started around 12 weeks, so much to buy so had to start early :rotfl: , i think now would be a good time for you to start :hug:

I've got most stuff now, just a few more things to get. I didn't buy much at all until after the 20 week scan (even though i wasn't waiting to find out the sex).

I started getting stuff after my first scan at 12 weeks, I couldn't help myself. In another thread I posted I had everything but Cot/bed mattress, blankets and a monitor, but after dragging it all out to see what I really do need I've realised the list is endless :shock:

What I have:
2 Shawl
41 Bodysuits
20 Sleepsuits
11 Hats
20 Mitts
6 Booties
28 Bibs
9 Burp Cloths
1 Pram Sheet
12 Tee Shirts
12 Trousers
7 Cot Blankets
4 Bath Towels
2 Sponges
5 Pram Blankets
1 Changing Mat
1 Cardy
2 Sleepbags
17 Socks
1 Hair Brush and Comb
1 Maincure Set
2 Thermometers
1 Bumper Set
1 Bath
1 Potty
1 Bath Bowl
1 Bath Support
1 Cot
1 Pram
20 Maternity Pads
80 Breast Pads
2 Comfort Blankets
1 Car Seat

What I still need:
Cot Mattress
Cot Mobile
20 Fitted sheets for crib/cot
13 Lightweight blankets
20 Bibs
20 Nappies - to take into hospital
Nappy Bags
40 Breast Pads
Nursing Bra
Nipple Cream
80 Maternity Sanitary Towels
Underwear
Baby Monitor
First Aid Kit
2 Hospital Bags - 1 for me and 1 for baby (Whatever goes in it)
4 Sponge
3 Cardy's
5 Sleepbags
2 Shawls
3 Bath Towels
Changing Mat
Baby Socks Size 0-0
Nighties
Slippers
Safety stuff around house
Baby Sling - when time comes
Pump And Sterilising Equipment - 5- 8 bottles Leave until after birth as might feel need to use bottle and baby won't have established breastfeeding.

Sorry for extra long post, That's been pasted from my notebook hehe

I am well stealing your list, dream catcher. I don't know what I'm supposed to be getting.

I have loads of catalogues at home, but my mean DH has banned me from buying stuff until we are nearing the third trimester (so around April time). He originally wanted to buy stuff in MAY! but i got him down to April.

I really can't wait, he's soooo mean lol :x

Yikes - I'm sure you don't need these items in such large quantities.... (well at least I hope I don't)

41 Bodysuits - I'm aiming for 8 of these
20 Sleepsuits - I'm aiming for 6-8 of these
11 Hats - I'm thinking maybe 2 of these
20 Mitts - again 2 parid of these
28 Bibs - I was thinking 5
7 Cot Blankets - I'm buying 2 as it'll be summer when born
17 Socks - I'm thinking 6 pairs
20 Fitted sheets for crib/cot - I'm thinking 3-4
13 Lightweight blankets - none

Have I got it completely wrong?

My gut feeling is there may be a happy medium between the two of you, girls! I too thought 41/20 sounded like a lot considering how they're only in newborn stuff for like 5 mins, but I'm guessing maybe you might have bought different sizes? But then, to only have 6-8 sounds like having to do a hell of a lot of washing, considering they might get through two in a day if there's vomiting/nappy spillage... That's my thoughts anyway!

So far we've bought..

Double pram
swinging crib
crib mattress
crib sheets
steriliser
breast pads
forumla dispenser
a few sleepsuits and other clothes
little fleece (due in june so this should be enough)
box of new baby nappies

Still need to buy

rocker stand for moses basket (we have basket which was chesters)
sensor moniter (have one for chester and could not be without it)
thnking of getting one of them swings (rainforest one)
...um i'm sure there is loads more my mind is blank!

Alot of stuff we already have cus my son is less than 1yr so we will use his old car seat, bouncer etc

pacha said:
OH's mum bought us our nursery furniture in mamas and papas but we asked them not to deliver until 1st June. The Dads are going to buy us our pram so will get that later. I get my work bonus at the end of april so am going to use that for all the nursery decor, bedding etc and get stared on the nursery at the start of may and as for clothes..I will start shopping after my 20 week scan when i *hopefully* know the sex :dance:

hi if you are in glasgow like me we dont get a 20 week scan, just the 12 week one unless you have any probs.

Frog99 said:
Yikes - I'm sure you don't need these items in such large quantities.... (well at least I hope I don't)

41 Bodysuits - I'm aiming for 8 of these
20 Sleepsuits - I'm aiming for 6-8 of these
11 Hats - I'm thinking maybe 2 of these
20 Mitts - again 2 parid of these
28 Bibs - I was thinking 5
7 Cot Blankets - I'm buying 2 as it'll be summer when born
17 Socks - I'm thinking 6 pairs
20 Fitted sheets for crib/cot - I'm thinking 3-4
13 Lightweight blankets - none

Have I got it completely wrong?

I would definently get more bibs than 5 so you can end up going throught them at quite an alarming rate, I had about 30 and they were just enough as could go throught loads in a day if baby sicks up mouthfulls all the time!!! Constantly washing them

kathmac said:
pacha said:
OH's mum bought us our nursery furniture in mamas and papas but we asked them not to deliver until 1st June. The Dads are going to buy us our pram so will get that later. I get my work bonus at the end of april so am going to use that for all the nursery decor, bedding etc and get stared on the nursery at the start of may and as for clothes..I will start shopping after my 20 week scan when i *hopefully* know the sex :dance:

hi if you are in glasgow like me we dont get a 20 week scan, just the 12 week one unless you have any probs.

Yea I know hun burt I have booked one private for peace of mind x

I'm not sure how many of each size i've got as I'm not that organised lol! But I've got a few newborn, mostly 0-3 and a few 3-6 as I like to be prepared for it all. Plus I've got my mums help so we both super prepared lol!

Frog99: Your best doing what you can afford, I'm not rich by any means but I have got a lot of help from my mum plus I don't go out and buy expensive baby clothes as they'll only been in them a few weeks. My fav shops are Asda George, Primark and Ethel Austins :)

Hats: they came with the sets I got, something like £8 in Asda for a baby starters set wicch you get: Bodysuit, Trousers, Tee Shirt, Hat, Mitts and a Bib.

Mitts: You can get 2 pairs for 50p in Primark, and as babies are always pulling them off and you lose them I thought it wa a great deal :)

Bibs: You need loads of these as someone has said babies are forever going sick. I was told to get about 50! Which I thought was a bit drastic. With my bibs I got a few from starter sets but most the them were from Primark, 10 for £1.

Cot Blankets: I got these now as even though the baby will be born in summer, they were hard to find and I wanted them in long before winter. Plus they were only £4 each in Ethel Austins :)

Socks: I've got different sizes of socks 0-0 and 0-21/2. I found that it's easier to buy in bulk, 5 pairs of socks for £2, saves money in the long run.

Cot Sheets: Like with other things your going to need a few of these over the course of your baby/child sleeping in there. Especially with accidents happening etc so best to buy in bulk :)

kathmac said:
I would definently get more bibs than 5 so you can end up going throught them at quite an alarming rate, I had about 30 and they were just enough as could go throught loads in a day if baby sicks up mouthfulls all the time!!! Constantly washing them

I guess we're all different. I didn't use bibs at ALL until weaning onto solids at 6 months. I did use lots and lots of muslins though!

I feel really behind now girls - we've bought our double buggy, 2 newborn sleepsuits (£1.30 in Next sale) and that's about it. We don't have a lot of spare money. I have a very big list of things I'd like to buy, but we just can't afford it, particularly not with already one toddler to feed and clothe!

I am lucky that I can reuse loads from last time, clothes (if baby is a girl), bouncer, nappies (we use cloth nappies), baby monitors etc but there still is quite a lot I'd like e.g. electric breast pump (I only have a manual and know that electric will be quicker and easier), a couple of new slings and new sheets and then there's boring things like a toddler bed and bedding so that DD can move into that and the cotbed will be there for the baby and a chest of drawers.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back