is it to early to buy things

Sarahe

Reaction score
when is the right time to start buying things?

me and my partner went shopping last night and whilst shopping I picked up some nappies, baby wash and some baby wipes. my partner didnt have a problem with this.

But today I looked at a playmat that we have both agreed we would buy and have found out it is currently half price £18 instead of £36, I thought great what a saving and reserved it.

I just phoned my partner to tell him about the saving and could he pick it up, he went mad and said its to early after christmas we start looking, not buying looking. I mean is it me but will four months come round so quickly that we will end up panic buying and not getting what we can afford now.

:( Sarah

well in my last pregnancy i was due in april and got every thing in the jan sales, so il say nows the right time. just save the expensive things till last. but once u r past i think its about 24weeks were the baby could servive when born? i think from then is fine

Thanks Dionne,

He has since emailed me and said I caught him at a bad time, and that we will collect the playmat.

Sarah

x

and dior arrived 5weeks early with no lil hints.... i didnt have pram or car seat. im 18weeks and will be gettin all mine in sales again its really good x

Hi Dionne,

This is my view, if it is on offer or in a sale buy it.

I think he is alright he is usually worse then me when it comes to buying things maybe it is just the cat he spoils :lol: :lol:

Honestly I think he is ok he seems really up for buying it now.

I only really have 4 months to go and I really like to be organised.

Sarah

xx

I got most of my stuff when I was 7 weeks gone :oops: This was because I was having probs with work and wanted to buy the stuff whilst I could afford it.

This question seems to come up a lot and i always say do what you think best, my OH and i dont have masses of spare cash and so we have been buying thing since i was 10 weeks, we buy a little every week and always buy nappies or wipes everytime we shop. We dont notice the extra cost as its spread out and it means we dont have to use a credit card (we dont have any) I am now 27 weeks and have bought pretty much everything we need except clothes as i know we will get borbarded with newborn stuff when she's born and we havent bought things we can borrow ie moses basket. We have gone for a lot of good quality second hand stuff from mamas and papas and some new. I have no problem with this as it is all scrubbed before use and it means if she puts in an early appearance i will be ready, plus we dont end up broke in the weeks before my due date when money will soon be very tight!

Order bits and pieces off the internet and give your legs a rest!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back