When will I feel like a mum?

Hunnie

Reaction score
I still really dont feel like a mummy! Im the main carer for Sophie but she still doesnt feel like my daughter and its really strange.

I think it all goes back to the c-section and being awake one minute with no baby and then waking up to find a baby there.

Im guessing it will probably be when she starts speaking :eh:

I still find it really weird being a mummy, it's so strange when someone is saying to her 'where's your mummy' or 'are you going to sit with mummy'

It took alot time for it to sink in that Jack belonged to me! I loved him the second he was born but kept having to remind myself he was mine and I was completely responsible for him!

It will sink in when you least expect it hun, don't worry x

I don't either! I don't think I will until Tyler calls me mummy.

Don't blame the section. Our culture is so anti sections and assumes your 'too posh to push' at a baby group when they found out I'd had a section they assumed it was elective to which I had to point out that no it was emergency.

The one thing I do know is that this baby is dependant on me and when he's being held by someone other than me his eyes look for me abs follow me around and I also know know one loves him more than me and that's ok for me now :)

Don't feel down about it!

I think it takes a while to instantly feel like a mummy with your first, its new to you and hard to get your head round. Its the same when you get married you don't suddenly feel like a wife, well i didn't anyway, still forget to say my husband instead of boyfriend 18 months on! It happened a lot quicker this time for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I think it takes a while to instantly feel like a mummy with your first, its new to you and hard to get your head round. Its the same when you get married you don't suddenly feel like a wife, well i didn't anyway, still forget to say my husband instead of boyfriend 18 months on! It happened a lot quicker this time for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I'm totally the same with the wedding thing, I'm ok says my husband or being referred to as my wife but get really freaked out of someone calls me Mrs Smith! I can write it and day it fine but just not be called it!

It will sink in when u least expect it!
I love how she always looks at me no matter how much attention the person holding her gives! Especially when it's mil mwahahahahah!! Felt bad on his nan tho :(

It didn't sink in with my first until she started saying mummy.

xxxxxxx

I felt the same and i had a c section too, plus I didnt hold her first or even see her naked, never saw the cord or the placenta I never experienced the urge to push ... was just handed a baby wrapped in a blanket after my husband had held her ... it really affected me and I would say she could have just been anybodies baby and there was no rush of love after she was born .... but gradually over time it just all came together, but it took 6 months plus to REALLY feel it. x

I felt the same and i had a c section too, plus I didnt hold her first or even see her naked, never saw the cord or the placenta I never experienced the urge to push ... was just handed a baby wrapped in a blanket after my husband had held her ... it really affected me and I would say she could have just been anybodies baby and there was no rush of love after she was born .... but gradually over time it just all came together, but it took 6 months plus to REALLY feel it. x

That's exactly how i feel!

I love her to bits but she just doesn't feel like shes mine lol plus she looks nothing like I imagined lol xx

Just hang in there cos it will come. When she starts laughing and stuff it'll help alot.

It took me a long time to get over everything, cos I had imagined this water birth and getting home just hours after and nothing went to plan and I didnt feel prepared for what was coming - but when it hits you that you are her mammy that'll be it, it then doesnt leave!

Now I hear 'mammy do this, mammy do that all day I definitly know she's mine lol' xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back