Feel like a ba mummy :-(

Mrs.s

Reaction score
I was just changing Phoebe for bed and decided to do it On the sofa rather than her mat on the floor as I had put the rug away and the floors are cold. She like to turne over and crawl away when ou changing her so she tried to do this but I turned her back round, as I did this her foot got caught and there was an almighty crack! She was really crying I called my mum down because oh is at work and I don't drive but by the time my mum got she has calmed down and was able to move her foot about but she didn't want to put weight on it :-(

I fed her and put her to bed she is sleeping fine but I feel terrible for causing her pain! She was moving it about and didn't cry when I touched her foot so I don't think it's broken but still I feel like a terrible mummy !

Sorry if this doesn't make sense I'm still a bit shaken Up

Aww Huni it isn't your fault, accidents happen im sure she'll be fine :hugs: xx

Aww bless you both! Don't feel too bad please babies are wriggly little things!

I know I just feel so bad :-( I hate seeing her upset in anyway and knowing that's it's my fault just makes that even worse!

Think I need to change my strategy with changing her now she is very mobile I don't anything like this to happen again :-(

Aw Hun :hug: they are more robust than they look. I'm sure you felt bad but these things happen and it certainly doesn't make you a bad mummy x

I just googled which I know I should not have done!

Now worried that it is broken :-( Anyone has any experience of anything like this?

She is sleeping I don't want to wake her to take her to a&e unless it's necessary? Is that bad?

Hope she is ok, they are very robust at that age. My eldest rolled off the bed (and she never rolled,) around the same age. My bed is really high and it was on to wooden floors. She just seemed ti bounce And I was upset for longer than her. Accidents will happen especially when we are with them so much and sleep deprived. Hopefully she will be ok but unless she wakes in pain I would leave her to the morning. No point waking her as that will upset her even more x

Ah your not a bad mum, like the others said accidents happen. See how she is in the morning and you can always get her checked then x

Don't feel bad hun, as all the ladies have said, these things happen. I accidentally dislocated my eldest sons elbow then he was about 18 months old. I was holding his hand, he tripped over and I tried to stop him falling. Felt awful, knew straight away I'd done it. We were on holiday in France at the time too.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

As the girls said, accidents do happen and it wasn't your fault. I'd call the health visitor today to check what to do to be on the safe side xx

Thanks for replies girls!

She woke crying last night and was inconsolable so I took her down to a&e she had an x ray done and nothing is broken thank god! My mum had to take her in the xray room because I couldnt go in as I'm pregnant it was awful hearing her cry and not being able to hold her :-(

She is in pain today and hasn't moved much so we having a day of cuddles on the sofa!

Slightly ruined by my idiot MIL just phoning to ask if the hospital were calling social services!! It hadn't even occurred to me that they would! Obvious what she thinks of me isn't it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back