When to wean

evajo

Reaction score
Just curious to know how early you ladies are or thinking about weaning your babies. I can't remember exactly when i weaned my others but i know it was from about 3 months, and after reading a link from here about allergies going up since the goverment recommended not weaning till 6 months and the relationship between the two i will definately be weaning early again.

I waited till my son was 5 1/2 months. Untill then he just seemed happy with the milk.

I started giving my little boy rice in his milk at about 10wks as he was a really hungry baby and then started properly weaning him onto solids around 4 months and it looks like Farrah will be heading that way too as she's a little piglet too!!

Connor was 4 and a half months. he was picking stuff up to put to his mouth and he got his first tooth so i thought they were pretty good indicators that he should be starting solids!

I have just started giving Ethan some baby rice by spoon once a day as he started to wake in the night again, he is 4 months. xx

my sister weaned her daugther at 3 months because she was a really hungary baby x

My daughter was about 4mths, so my son will be around the same age - give or take!
What do people normally start with? Baby rice/cereal?
How old would you say to give them things like mashed potato/ carrots, or mashed bananas etc?
x

I am just going to wait until I think he's ready, heck nearly 12 weeks and still struggles with bottles sometimes, so think it will be later rather than sooner xxx

I wanted to start with baby rice ect around 3/4 months but the way paige is going she'll be happy on just milk for a while. I think Im going to just go with what she wants, but if Im honest, Id rather start weaning her sooner rather than later...for some reason I never intended to wait until she as 6 months.

I weaned Sam at 5 months and Toby at 6 - he showed no interst in food at all before then x

K was 11 weeks, she was super hungry and was really ready, E was almost 6 months, she just didnt need it! tbh she still doesnt eat a lot now! i think when theyre ready yu know! apparently they're lowering the guidelines back to 3 months anyway!

Yeah. I'll let my son from about 4months if he wants it, but I have a feel g he won't, he also doesn't web always finish his bottles suddenly and just doesn't seem that interested! X

Yeah. I'll let my son from about 4months if he wants it, but I have a feel g he won't, he also doesn't web always finish his bottles suddenly and just doesn't seem that interested! X
Ethans like that sometimes well actually at least once a day when he should be really hungry he drinks half his bottle and starts larking about with the teat! And spitting it out with a great big smile. Can't work the child out sometimes -i think he's already testing me :lol:

Amelia's recently started waking in the night too, do you reckon I could start her on some baby rice now or is it too soon?

if youre thinking about allergies and weaning have a look at this http://www.eatstudy.co.uk/ if youre happy to wean early its worth considering joining the study, us mums really need some clear evidence either way! We couldnt join cos Morgan has some formula and the babies need to be exclusively breast fed to be elligeable.

Hannah i think baby rice or fruit puree would be fine at 3 months - i always weaned mine between 3-4 months x

i was advised by my hv today to give ethan breakfast, lunch and dinner! I had already been giving him breakfast which he has a little of. He weighed 16lb5oz at 12weeks and at 17 weeks weighs 17lb3oz so has come back down in percentiles. I think the reason he is waking in the is cos he is teething had an awful night lastnight. Xx

Poor you, i have been giving sarah a tiny bit of fruit puree because she has come down two centiles, i'm sure its due to her sleeping so long at night. She loves it and finished it all today and chuckled when i put the first spoonful in her mouth. They are all different and you should go with your instincts x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back