When to tell....

english rose

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just wondered on the general feeling about when is best to tell family and friends you're pg.

We're going to see family soon, but I'll only be 6 weeks pg then, but feel it would be nice to tell them face-to-face. We won't see then for another 2 months after that.

Also got to try to get through a hen do without people noticing!!! So not sure when to tell friends.

What have you guys done? Anyone told early and wished they hadn't. Anyone told early and all has been fine?

My family have normally told me at 7 weeks ish, and I know they will be happy about the news.

Cheers!

xxx

We have told clsoe family so far, going to tell other family at about 10 weeks so we can tell em face to face. Going to tell my besties next week but one has just had a baby so might tell her a bit later so as not to steal her thunder!! Other than that tell people after our scan.
xxxxx

We've told mine and Oh's close family as soon as we found out. Mainly because they knew were we starting to see fertility consultants and were asking how we were getting on.

I've also told my boss and 1 very close friend at work, only because they both need to know when I'm struggling to keep my eyes open or ring in sick etc.

We told my mum and dad as soon as we found out but hubby wanted to wait until we were a bit further on to tell his parents so we did that at about 6 weeks. I've also told my best friend but thats it apart from my manager at work. We've decided to wait until after our scan to tell my brother and DHs brothers and sister. My brother is down just before our scan and I'm tempted to tell him face to face but I think I want the reassurance of the scan before we do. Its a very personal decision for everyone so I would say tell them when you feel comfortable x x x

Thanks everyone - handy to know your stories! Think we will tell parents and brothers and my best buds when we see them at 6 weeks and then try to wait till after the scan to tell everyone else.

So exciting!
x

Hey hun. I told my parent at 6 weeks as we went to visit and wouldnt have seen them for a while after that. My sister still lives at home ao told her as well. Told DH mum a couple of days later. Going to wait til after my scan on Monday to tell everyone else :)

I have told all my family and friends as had told them all I was trying anyway so they had asked how it is going - everyone really pleased and supportive - I said I know it is early days but really couldn't keep it to myself :)

Same here kedi, most of my friends and family knew we were trying for a baby so when they asked how everything was going i couldnt help but tell them. :)

Gonna tell my mum & sis tonight I think. I'd prefer to wait until 12 week scan but some timings are against us. I'm seeing Take That with my sis next week and she'll need to know why I'm gipping in a corner. Also my Mum is going away soon for a month and won't be here at 12 weeks and she'll never forgive if she finds out after other folk. Still gonna wait to make it generally known though.

We've told close family and friends but are waiting until after scan to make it widely known. I've had trouble keeping it schtum though because I'm really excited and just want to to tell anyone who'll listen haha!! My mum has had a hard time keeping it a secret too xD so not entirely sure who knows and who doesn't..

But like others have said, go with when it feels right to you xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back