To tell or not to tell....

SamStevens

Reaction score
Just wondered who has been telling everyone and who has been keeping it a secret!
We have told close family and friends but the further on I go, the more people I want to tell!
What have you guys been doing?

i waited with this one till 12 wk scan as with my last pregnancy nothing was worse thaan having to go back and tell ppl id lost it

so now i keep quiet till im out the danger zone

i have told ppl and i am 9 weeks, i waiting until i had my second scan which showed a heart beat

We are going to wait til the 12 week scan but its so hard not to shout it from the rooftops!

I have told family and close friends, most of my friends figured it out as I have gone from party animal to designated driver!!! Waiting for scan to announce it to the world tho!x

I am interested in this thread as I am ready to burst with the news!!! Can't keep my mouth shut so some close friends know and we are telling parents this weekend when I will be 7 weeks. This is possibly a bit earlier than I would have liked but they live abroad for part of the year and are going back soon so didn't want to have to tell them over the phone at 12 weeks (and tbh don't think I would have made it to then anyway without it slipping out!!). Need to tell my mum anyway as going on a very long car journey with her on Monday and she'll wonder why I'm being sick into a bucket all morning the way I feel right now!!

Am definitely going to wait til 12 weeks to tell work, although may need to let my boss know a bit sooner because of medical appointments. I'm a teacher so she will have to book cover for me etc.

My dilemma is the rest of the family. My OH has a huge family (he is one of 6 boys!!! Wonder what we'll end up having??!!) and I'm not sure I'm ready for all of them to know but wonder if his mum will let it slip out. I'm not superstitious, in terms of what will happen to this baby will happen regardless of who we tell, but like you say, this is my first pregnancy, and I'm not sure how difficult I would find it telling people if we lost it. I think I would tell them anyway, but maybe being able to do it in your own time helps. But then my OH says I'm being paranoid and most pregnancies end up wth happy healthy babies so we would be unlucky to have to break this news!! Very confusing!

I've told a few friends in the last wk just so I could talk to someone else about it then oh I think, I haven't told my family as I don't think it will be taken as good news so I'm waiting till after my scan for that one lol

I didnt think my parents would be happy but they're over the moon!
Never seen them this excited!
We're gradually telling more people as time goes on.
At the end of the day, should the worst happen, we will need support!
Most people have worked it out as ive gone from drinking loads to being the driver now!
Its so hard to keep it quiet when people say 'why arn't you drinking? Not pregnant are you?!'

Part of the reason I haven't told my dad yet is that I think he will have a proper heart attack from the excitement!!! Every time I see him he asks me when he's going to be a grandad - no pressure!!

I think my is just cos it's my 4th people think i should of stopped by now, I've just turned 26 so still pretty young, I fainted and my mum was like your not pregnant are you that's the last thing you need.
I wouldn't care but she doesn't help me at all never babysits so I don't see how it will effect her at all but that's why I haven't told them I can me doing with there moans at the moment lol

Aw hun.
Fate has a great way of dealing with these things!
Someone I know has 13 children and she is a fantastic mum to each and every one of them!
You will be fab, and don't worry about her reaction.
She's your mum, she will support you in her own way whatever happens.
You will find the right time and all will be great!

i found out at 5 weeks and OH told the whole bloody world lol so no secrets for us oh well!!!

For us, more folk know that I ended to at this point. Was aiming to wait till after scan before we went public - but that doesnt seem to have really worked. lol

I had to tell my work fairly early on cos i do a lot of manual handling, and a fair few of my friends worked it out pretty quickly.

xxx

I'm really early on - but I've told my family and close friends! If anything was to happen (I pray not!) then we will need support and help. But I'm so excited! My OH has wanted a wee one for ages, but he seems in shock because its now happened! Lol.
I can't wait until the 12 week scan so I can tell everyone though! Then they will all understand why I've stopped drinking! Although, funnily enough I've not touched a drop in 5 weeks - which is very unlike me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back