When to have Harmony Test

Debida

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if any of u lovely ladies had the Harmony Test and if so what week did you go? Perhaps I should post this in the 2nd trimester? X

Sorry Debida. I have no experience of this. I hope you get some answers x

Sorry sound stupid but is this for Down syndrome? If so I had it at 12+5 and blood same day. And if I am completely wrong in what it is I apologise lol xx

I posted a similar thread about this last week dotty_woman gave me some great advice as she went for this. You can go from 10 weeks have you researched the cost yet?

Yes I read its at 10 weeks they like to take the blood sample.

I posted a similar thread about this last week dotty_woman gave me some great advice as she went for this. You can go from 10 weeks have you researched the cost yet?

Yeah I have called and they said its one visit and will cost £600, that's someone in Harley St London. I'm as far south as ,u can get in Cornwall so was just wondering if anyone had advice on the best timing as I have some travelling to plan! I reckon ill go after 12 week scan once i know everything is ok X

There is a clinic in London that offers it for £180 (you basically pay for a nuchal fold test) only thing with that is that you have to attend at 10 weeks and 12 weeks.

I've thought about it but think I'm stressing for no reason so I'm just going with standard nhs test for now as I get the scan here and a blood test.

If you have it done at 10 weeks it's cheaper where I went but I needed to go once for the blood test and again for the results 2 weeks later. It does mean that you don't know whether you are high risk because you haven't had your 12 week/Nuchal scan yet but I just wanted to know for definite of the fact that I was really high risk before having to have the Amnio/CVS that carries a small risk of miscarriage. I wanted to take the test because of my age (I'm 42) and I'm glad I did because I have been a lot more relaxed now I'm not just wondering if everything is alright.

If you have it done at 10 weeks it's cheaper where I went but I needed to go once for the blood test and again for the results 2 weeks later. It does mean that you don't know whether you are high risk because you haven't had your 12 week/Nuchal scan yet but I just wanted to know for definite of the fact that I was really high risk before having to have the Amnio/CVS that carries a small risk of miscarriage. I wanted to take the test because of my age (I'm 42) and I'm glad I did because I have been a lot more relaxed now I'm not just wondering if everything is alright.

I wanted it as I thought u could get away with having amino/cvs as I don't want to risk having that really. I am 41 and this will be first and prob last chance. But my understanding now is that it just gives a more accurate result than the NHS scan and bloods? Not sure if I'm right or not. The lady didn't really explain it all that well when I phoned. When I called the centre The Birth Company, they just said one visit at £600. So just wonder if the NHS one comes back high risk would the Harmony one say the same or could it be more accurate and lower it? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back