When do I see the midwife??

luckylady

Reaction score
I went to the doctors yesterday, and I am about 5 weeks pregnant, all she did was test my blood pressure..and told me I would be getting a letter in the post for a 12 week scan date.

This will be my 2nd birth..but I thought I should see somebody perhaps in between??

Any advice

L x

Usually you see a M/W at 8 weeks. Just phone up your doctors surgery and ask them to book you in with her :hug:
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP! :cheer:

I seen a health visitor and midwife at 7 weeks x x

I had my booking in app at around 8 weeks, I phoned the midwifes office directly and booked this myself. I have found that if you want things on time then its best to book them yourself. I booked my own 12 week scan as well!!! and I had to phone midwide and book 16 week app. I hate waiting to hear from people so I just bug them all til they give me an appointment!!!

Your GP's receptionist will know what to do and will probably book you in with a community MW at the surgery if you give them a call. I saw GP first, then booked to see MW at surgery, then had hospital appt for 12 weeks scan yesterday. x

I don't see my midwife through my surgery, they just gave me her number when I asked about it. Now I just book in direct with her.

Ive just rang..spoke to the midwife..who told me that I have to wait until I get my letter for my 1st scan..and she said it can be anything from 11 weeks - 16 weeks depending on how busy they are!! :?

So I asked about a private scan..and she said they do them at the surgery for £40.00..so thats fine..if I cant have one at the hospital I will have one at the surgery and pay the money

No way am I waiting until 16 weeks to find out anything!!!

Lx

luckylady said:
Ive just rang..spoke to the midwife..who told me that I have to wait until I get my letter for my 1st scan..and she said it can be anything from 11 weeks - 16 weeks depending on how busy they are!! :?

So I asked about a private scan..and she said they do them at the surgery for £40.00..so thats fine..if I cant have one at the hospital I will have one at the surgery and pay the money

No way am I waiting until 16 weeks to find out anything!!!

Lx

£40? thats great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back