When to contact the midwife

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Summertime, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Summertime

Summertime Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

I’m wondering if I need to wait a while before contacting the midwife. I’m only 4+5 so very early and don’t want to seem silly calling so early?

with my last pregnancy I had my booking in and scan really late because I had to wait for wide for appointment, think I called then around 7 weeks but was years ago so it’s a bit hazy.

2. Lucie12344

Lucie12344 Well-Known Member

I contacted them about 6 weeks so I didn’t miss the apt for 8 week blood screening xx

Summertime likes this.
  3. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Well-Known Member

I'd just phone and ask when the midwife does booking appointments as some won't see you until 8+ weeks. All my old drs was 8 weeks but the one I'm with now is 7 x

Summertime likes this.
  4. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

Just call and ask, but for me they never see me before 10 weeks! But you can at least call to make that appointment so you get to have a countdown to something :)

huge congratulations!!!

5. MoominGirl

MoominGirl Well-Known Member

I had mine at 9 weeks. Midwives seem very busy around here so giving notice probably isn't a bad idea if you feel comfortable. Maybe all these lockdowns have been good for something!

Summertime likes this.
  6. Sugarpop

Sugarpop Well-Known Member

Call your GP and they will be able to tell you. I am 5+3 and have my booking appointment in a week and a half.

Summertime and Kitana like this.
  7. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

OMG sugarpop, are you pregnant again!? Congrats!!! Did you have to try long?x

8. Summertime

Summertime Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies for all the replies. The system has changed here since I fell pregnant with my second son 4 years ago, now just call midwife team direct and they give you appointment. They said the earlier the better for contacting them.

Had my booking in over the phone at 8+5 and then going for bloods etc with the midwife this Thursday when will be 10 weeks.

Waiting for scan date and consultant appointment to come through the post. These first 12 weeks go so slowly!

We haven’t told anyone IRL about the pregnancy but my mum has been staying with me and commented on my boobs haha. Usually I am really flat chested but during early pregnancy look like I’ve had a boob job! Wearing a jumper now until the scan.

@Sugarpop congrats on your BFP x

MysticKitten likes this.
  9. MoominGirl

MoominGirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I remember you from before!!

10. Alexis2017

Alexis2017 Well-Known Member

Congrats @Summertime and @Sugarpop that's amazing news !!!! I wish I coukd that some luck but 2 months in ttc now and so far no luck as per

11. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Awww @Summertime congrats on your bfp! I think we were TTC around the same time in 2016. Welcome back!:cheer:

Summertime likes this.