When to buy stuff?

JoJo79

Reaction score
Hey all wanted your opinions on when you think its the "right" time to start buying baby stuff? (Sorry if theres already a thread like this ) xx

I don't think there is a right or wrong time, just when you feel comforable with it. I've been buying nappies and wipes etc for about 6 weeks, but haven't got any clothes yet x

My DH won't let me buy anythin until after our 22 week scan but I've bought a few sneaky bits and hid them :D

Lol Larlybelle, dh dont mind bout when we buy stuff, im just struggling with myself to actually get motivated!

Your right Princess i suppose sooner rather than later of it'll be d day before we know it and ill have nothing!

It just doesnt seem real yet! xxx

He is just worried in case something goes wrong. We had been tryin for 2 and a half years and nearly had ivf before we fell pregnant. He is panicing saying we can't have been tryin so long to fall naturally and not have any problems. Can kinda understand where he is comin from but I'm too impatient! Now I'm finally pregnant I wanna buy!!!

Also he wants to know they sex of the baby so we dont have to have neutral stuff. I think this is why he is reluctant to let me book a gender scan for 2 weeks time, cos he knows I will wanna start buyin! It's a delay tactic!!

My hubby is the same - he wants to wait at least until after the scan, and we've got some sorting out to do at home (to make room) so I guess we'll wait until after that.

I've started thinking about the basics we'll need, and having a look around at what's available. I've also asked my sister's and friends (who have kids) about which things they found useful. So I'm starting to get an idea, but haven't bought a thing yet.

My sis is going to give me some hand-me-downs soon, so that will get us started, and I'm starting to find out what we can borrow from other people. I've also thought about what sort of things we might get bought as pressies, so that we spend our pennies where they're really needed.

So, in answer to your question, I think we'll prob start buying in earnest when I'm about 6 month presggers (don't want to leave it too long as we'll be skint after Christmas!)

xxxxx

Thank all

Alisha-Mae came home with a little pair of bootees and a teddy for baby yesterday that she'd convinced grandma to buy for her so thats something!!

Me and dh been looking at prams, dh also wanted to wait til we know if its pink or blue as he dont see the point of buying neutral stuff.

All i have already is a moses basket that was Lauryns but its gonna need a new matress i reckon cos it'll be 12 yrs old by the time this one arrives.

I think i'll wait til after 20 week scan just be be extra sure alls ok with bubs, hoping i might be enjoying this pregnancy by then too!!

Only 4 n a bit weeks to wait xx

I've persuaded dh to look at the pushchair I want after our 16 week midwife next Monday so that's somethin! I want it in lime green, so would suit boy or girl. Not sure what he will think of it tho but I'm gonna be the one pushin it most often!!

I have also picked out the nursery furniture I want! Will wait till we know what sex it is before I pick room decor and bedding etc tho. Wanna get a pink or blue Moses basket too. I have a rough idea of what!

Wow you sound pretty organised already in your head hunni

Ill be totally honest i havent thought of anything! I know what style pram i want but no idea of colour or anything, cant really have a nursery as such as when bubs is older he/she will have to share with Alisha-Mae anyway so gonna have to find a compromise somewhere!

We are having " a difference of opinion" shall we say on the style of pram ive always wanted a carrycot style one, never had it for other two and wish i had, dh is more inclined towards to travel systems where you just clip the car seat on the top,

I can see his point they are cheaper than buying all seperate, and he's concerned how it would all fit in my car! (its only a Punto)

But ill get my own way usually do haha xx

We started buying after our 12 week scan. We are team yellow so all neutral. But we have decided to stop buying clothes as we have plenty. We know people will buy us clothes as gifts anyway. We also got travel system, extra car seat, steriliser, bottles, bottle warmer, Moses basket and stand. We basically see a bargain and think why not. :) xx

We started buying after our 12 week scan. We are team yellow so all neutral. But we have decided to stop buying clothes as we have plenty. We know people will buy us clothes as gifts anyway. We also got travel system, extra car seat, steriliser, bottles, bottle warmer, Moses basket and stand. We basically see a bargain and think why not. :) xx

I agree there if its on offer and a bargain it'd be silly not to buy it!!

I just need a kick up the ar*e i think haha xx

Here are pics of the bits I want! Lol!

First is the travel system I want, second is the colour I want it in and third is the nursery furniture I want!!

Attachments

• phuppimagedw.jpg
    phuppimagedw.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
  • phuppimagelr.jpg
    phuppimagelr.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
  • phuppimagesi.jpg
    phuppimagesi.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
We started after 12 week scan but went mad after 20week scan when we found out it was a boy!!

I would say do it before you become to heavily pregnant. That would be my limit, i think im going to make a slow start after thursday when i know what im having. Im lucky in all that baby needs is new clthes really cos i have a baby and all the stuff already!

We planned on buying after the 12 week scan but we had problems and had to have a CVS. As soon as we got the results we went out to 'look' at things and brought the buggy lol!

I've bought some big items which were on offer like the buggy, steriliser kit etc from about 12 weeks. Not bought any of the dinky cute stuff yet. Got my 20 week scan on Fri. Hoping we can find out sex because we're off to the baby show in the afternoon and I want to be able to buy pink or blue.

With having twins I get scanned every 2 weeks and they did anomaly scan at 18 weeks that made me feel more relaxed so I could buy maternity clothes, stupid I know but iv worried all through! Then yesterday my mum bought lots of happier and huge boxes of wipes on a promotion and some cute matching outfits for the boys but keeps them at her house that way I feel more relaxed about it, don't know why! Friends have bought things but keeping them at their house too. Suppose in a few weeks il feel ready to have things at my house got 20 week scan today x

With having twins I get scanned every 2 weeks and they did anomaly scan at 18 weeks that made me feel more relaxed so I could buy maternity clothes, stupid I know but iv worried all through! Then yesterday my mum bought lots of happier and huge boxes of wipes on a promotion and some cute matching outfits for the boys but keeps them at her house that way I feel more relaxed about it, don't know why! Friends have bought things but keeping them at their house too. Suppose in a few weeks il feel ready to have things at my house got 20 week scan today x

Wow 20 weeks already! That's gone quick!

Yeah it dragged from 12 weeks to 18 and now seems to be flying! As time passes on I'm getting more relaxed x

We only bought a couple of token bits untill last week and we have now ordered our pram and nursery furniture as they take a while to be delivered!! Going to wait for our scan on fri (and prob pay day) untill we buy some more as we want to know the sex!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back