when should i expect a positive OPK?

ZMD

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions ive asked about OPKs but its my first month using them and i don't really know much about them!

I started using them on CD10 and have done 1 every day since i am now on CD 13 of a 30 day cycle (hopefully even though last month i went 47 days!) so i should ovulate about CD15.

When should i expect a positive result? sorry if its a silly question :wall2:

I havent even got a faint second line is this normall?

Thanks everyone :) x

You usually ovulate within 12-48 hours of a positive opk, so if you do ovulate on CD15 I'd expect you to get one in the next couple of days. If you're not sure exactly when you're ovulating it might be later though - I had a 28 day cycle and used to ovulate around CD15/16.

What time of day are you taking them? Any sign of any lines at all yet?

Ignore the last question... I didn't even see your last line, sorry :lol: I didn't even see a faint line until the day before my positive most months x

On CD11 there was a very faint second line but it kooked like a evap line or something as it wasnt even the pinky/reddy colour if you know what i mean,

Im using them at about 5pm, is that a good time?
today i done one at 12pm and another at 5pm.

Im thinking of doing 2 again tommorrow,

Im so glad ive got you lot to ask questions too as if im honest i didn't know much about TTC at all till i joined here! Thought i would just Ov middle of the month lol x

Nobody has a clue how complicated it can all be until they start :lol:

5pm is a good time - you just need to avoid testing in the morning as that's when the LH surge usually happens so it's not found in high concentrations in your urine until the afternoon. I used to test at 2pm and 6pm and on the days I got positives there wasn't usually much difference between the two.

I'd keep testing and ignore your faint line the other day x

thank you hun
think ive still got about 15 tests left so i'll start doing 2 a day every day untill i get a second line,

Oh still seems to think we will just have sex and i'll get pregnant :rofl: men eh? x

:rofl: They never get involved in the more complicated side of things so that seems like their only job :lol:

You can tell him to get practising now though - if you're ovulating the next couple of days it's always good to have some :sperm: (I love those evil eyes :lol:) ready and waiting!

We :bd: yesterday but havent today as i was at work all day then he went of to work at 6pm this evening untill 2am in the morning!

We'll have to get busy all weekend, he wont mind im sure :lol:

How long did it take to concieve your 2 hun? (if you don't mind me asking)

BTW your little one in your profile pic is gorgeous :) x

All I wanted to add was my sister did one every day of her cycle from the day AF left to the day she was due again and never got a sniff of a line.....she did get a :bfp: the same month though.....;)

We :bd: yesterday but havent today as i was at work all day then he went of to work at 6pm this evening untill 2am in the morning!

We'll have to get busy all weekend, he wont mind im sure :lol:

How long did it take to concieve your 2 hun? (if you don't mind me asking)

BTW your little one in your profile pic is gorgeous :) x

Thank you :cloud9: Mine were complicated as I was told following a lot of surgery and because I had a lot of scar tissue around my ovaries and tubes, one completely blocked tube and one that seemed partially blocked that I'd probably need IVF, so while our first took years for the last part of that I wasn't charting or anything (but having sex at the right times each cycle) as I didn't think anything would happen, and we were waiting for the right time for IVF. The second time I thought it would take years again and we conceived after just 3 months, so clearly I'm not as infertile as I thought - don't know whether being pregnant and having everything squished around inside me helped at all :lol:

Last edited:
Hi hun I usually have a 30-31 day cycle and got positive on opk yesterday cd15, think I ov last night as had ov pains. Ive been doing mine about 6 at night, hope you get that second line soon xx

Still no positive OPK had a faint line saturday which was then darker yesterday but still not quite as dark as the other line and today i have NO second line at all! i'm so confused! x

Go with the darkest if you think you're around ovulation time. Was it almost as dark as the control? I had a few months where it would get dark but not quite as dark as the control then nothing the next day - might just be that if you'd tested at a different time that day you would have seen an even darker line. It is possible to have an LH surge that doesn't result in ovulation and the another that does though (but it's most likely that the darkest line was your surge)

If you're not already I would really recommend temping as well - then if you get a positive or almost positive looking opk followed by a sustained temperature rise you'll know that you have ovulated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back