When does baby drop?

Lynds77

Reaction score
I am getting horrendous pain in my left rib and it's stopping me from sleeping properly. I am hoping once baby drops this might ease up a bit but when does this normally happen? One friend said hers dropped at 30wks and then was 12 days late with bubs and had to be induced so this seems a little early?

It's first baby. X

I think I dropped about 35 weeks and I could really tell! Not had indigestion since!
My midwife said she would expect some engagement by 36 weeks.
Hope that helps although might not be what you want to hear - have you tried bouncing on a ball to encourage baby down? X

My lil Roo is yet to drop from under my ribs!! His head is now 3/5ths engaged and I still feel as squashed up as when his head wasn't engaged, it's like he stretched out more to still fill up all the space. Hope baby moves into a move comfortable position for u soon xx

I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday, and I don't think my wee yin has dropped any, far too happy playing with my ribs. Midwife on Wednesday, so we will see what she says.xx

Oh dear! Was hoping you would all say 30wks was about right!

Got midwife on Wednesday so will see what they say.

I'm 33 weeks and definitely haven't dropped yet - sorry! :D

My midwife said usually about 34-36weeks.
Im nearly at 34 and definitely not dropped yet. Fx it happens over next couple of weeks.

I have no idea, but glad you asked!! x

No idea but I'm hoping soon!

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I was convinced I had dropped 2wks ago as I started walking differently and felt a pressure really low down. Saw the mw, who said I hadn't dropped yet.

Will see her again on Thurs, hopefully will have some droppage by then lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'll be asking my midwife what's happening on Wednesday :) x

my baby has been 4/5 th engaged since 34 weeks and i can definately see a drop in my bump :)

Mine dropped at about 36 weeks. I had her at 38 weeks x

Oh samsgirl I'd love to go at 38weeks!!!xxx

They say around 35 weeks but I don't think I have dropped yet x

Ha!! Think I may have to try all of that :) xxx

I am currently 1/5 engaged so baby is as far down as she could be according to midwife - however ive not really 'dropped' as such!
:-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back