When does baby start to turn??

hellywelly

Reaction score
All through pregnancy I've only ever had kicks very low down, and at the 20 week scan the baby was sitting upright inside me. I'm now nearly 28 weeks and just wondered about when other people's babes started to turn. My brother was breech as well, so it wouldn't massively bother me if I had a breech baby, but just keep seeing posts about being kicked in the ribs, and this baby would have to do a massive somersault to start that!!

I know I should count myself lucky as rib kicking must be horrible, but was just being nosy about what was going on with other people!?

Didn't start getting told which way baby was until 32 weeks. But I know they can continue to turn until quite late on!

raptor doesnt kick my ribs, but its pretty damn close, inch or 2 underneath, and according to mw, im 27+2 today x

never got told which way my babs is but i did see that mw wrote cheph on my notes under babys position for the last 2 apps so from 28 weeks my babs has been head down. now that shes running out of room i can feel the feet by my ribs, specially as 1 of them seems to be really poking into me on my right side at the bottom of my ribs lol. they can turn at any time tho right up to 24 hrs before birth, just its more difficult for them after 30 odd weeks as the space rapidly decreases

I think they can turn anytime really. Final position is obviously meant to be established close to 37 weeks, that's when it becomes crucial that LO is head down and engaged (or ready to be). Baby could become head down at anytime before that, but there's a big chance they'll probably move and change

Albert is head down now according to the mw, when he turned it felt like I had gone over a bridge too quick in the car, it was a very weird feeling and I am kind of hoping he stays where he is lol xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back