When do you get MW and hospital letter?

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
Hello!
I went to the GP this time last week to tell her I'm pregnant and then spent the next week checking the post like a madwoman every day for a letter from a midwife and the hospital. Nothing yet! When do these normally come through? I feel a bit stranded lol!
xx

Hiya x I'm not sure hun sorry x I had to physically make an appt once I had my pregnancy confirmed :) x Maybe call your GP and ask if they do a midwife clinic once a week? x If they do you can make an appt x

I had to actually call the midwives to arrange my booking-in appointment with them, and my scan letter came when I was 8 weeks (about 2 weeks after I had seen my GP) xx

Thanks ladies :)

flugel they do a midwife clinic every Tues at my surgery - might call the surgery and ask if I have to book in myself. I was so overexcited at the GP appt I can't remember a thing she said haha!!

My GP said to call them if I don't hear in 3 weeks and I was 8 weeks when I saw him!

It seems to vary alot, my doc didn't want to confirm the pregnancy just told me to get straight in touch with the midwife clinic.

I believe the general rule is that the booking in appointment with the midwife is carried out between 8-11 wks, I had mine at 8 weeks, which triggered my first scan appointment to be made, the letter arrived 1 week later & it's on 11th March so I'll be 12+3 then :D I was frantically checking the post for that letter!

Thanks ladies :)

flugel they do a midwife clinic every Tues at my surgery - might call the surgery and ask if I have to book in myself. I was so overexcited at the GP appt I can't remember a thing she said haha!!

:lol: I've been so forgetful myself too recently, not normal for me! I can't remember what olour of socks ive put on in the morning! x

I see baby stuff everywhere! Hehee :)

I'd def give them a phone in the morning and just ask to make an appointment for 3 weeks time when you'll be just over 8 weeks :) They should see you if you ask. Most M/W should oblige after 8 weeks, because I think this is a good time to get bloods taken and stuff...

Where I stay If you have any worries, you can also request an early scan, esp if you have had any cramps or bleeding x

Hope its the same where you are! You'd think cause it's all NHS it would all be the same rules but apparently doctors surgeries are rules unto themselves lol :)

i had to ring and make my midwife appt...which is a week tomorrow :) and then i think she will then arrange the scan date from there xx

I got both my letters through the post on the same day, i was roughly about 6 weeks. My first midwife appointment was when i was 9 weeks, and my dating scan was the following week :). Straight after the scan she booked me in for my "12 week" scan :) x x

I had to go to my doctor and make an appointment then when I was in at that the receptionist booked me a mw appointment for the 28th February as the mw is only in my practice once a week. I will be 8 weeks by then so Im hoping she can book the 12 week scan but I actually dont know. Do u have to go to the hospital to get the scan?

My friend is in the next town and hers is all different. She told a receptionist she was pregnant and she was given her mw appointment and scan at 12 weeks and that was it! Mad how different!

I called my GP and apparently they've referred me to my hospital and I'll be getting a letter directly from them about the nuchal scan, which will be between 11-14 weeks, and after that I'll be having my booking appt - wow what a long wait!!!

The wait just seems sooo long doesn't it? I feel Im almost counting days and Im just thinking about it all the time! Need to get out of this state of mind! Mind u I count working days till my next holiday anyway so Im a bit mad normally!

The wait just seems sooo long doesn't it? I feel Im almost counting days and Im just thinking about it all the time! Need to get out of this state of mind! Mind u I count working days till my next holiday anyway so Im a bit mad normally!

It's crazy long! I feel sort of stranded you know? Lots of thumb-twiddling for another 5 weeks at least - sheesh... I dunno doesn't sound fun!! I'll feel better when I get my letter, I reckon. At least then it's something tangible!

Do you have a holiday lined up? xx

I am fortunate that as I work in a school I have a lot of holidays in which I manage to keep myself very busy. Next holidays is 2 weeks at Easter and I booked me and my hubby a few nights city break in a plush hotel for his birthday. Looking forward to a relax and by then should have my scan done so hopefully all will be well!

U getting away?

That sounds lovely!! Wow you will have a great time. I love city breaks :)

Noo not going away this year *sigh*
I would love to go to the seaside or something in the summer - might angle for that one ;)

xx

Yeah seaside in summer, go for that! Making me fancy it too! Good luck with the waiting for the scan, hope it passes quickly!

OH announced to me tonight he was taking me to london for my 20th in april :) I can't wait!! x

Oh wow flugel!! That's lovely!! What are your London plans? xx

Haven't decided yet, we're still in the planning stages lol :) I'd love to do the museums andstuff, maybe go to see a show, oooo theres so much stuff you can do you know? xx

Don't talk about hols lol, at my booking in appt I was told I have to cancel my already booked and paid for long awaited jolly to Hong Kong in April :( gutted!!!!!! That is after my doc said it was ok originally, but now it seems they've changed their minds!!!!!!!

It's funny how different the procedures are at each surgery, I had to make my own appt with midwife for booking in appt and it was at 8 weeks, then I was told at that appt I have choice of 3 scans for my 12 wk scan, a straight forward nhs scan which would only be 50% accurate, a nhs scan and triple test which is 65% accurate, or a private nuchal scan which is most accurate but i have to pay £200 for. When I decide i have to ring up either the hospital or the private clinic and book it myself!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back