When do the stretchmarks come?

Claire

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wondering when I can expect those dreaded stretchmarks. The skin on my tummy is so so so tight now, I'm just waiting for it to rip. :(

I think it varies from person to person because some people don't even get stretchmarks! Stay well hydrated and that should help keep them at bay!

Hello,

I am now 23 weeks with my second child and don't have any yet. With my first I was really worried about getting them but didn't notice I had them on the top of my hips (not any on stomach!!) till after she was born.

If you are going to get them you just will, best not to worry about them. I see them as my life stripes, like a medal of birth. I don't even notice them now.

Have you tried rubbing in a stretch mark cream each day, that may help.
I hope you are one of the lucky ones.

CK

I am about 10-11 weeks and I already have stretch marks, only about three or four, but I am getting them. Also getting a big belly already.

I'm nearly 34 weeks and don't have any stretch marks but I'm not holding my breath as my mum said that she didn't get any till about 36 weeks.

It really does differ from one person to another, a friend of mine descibed her belly as "A road map of the UK"!!

with my fisrt preg i only noticed them on my boobs whilst i was preg. After she was born though they appeared everywhere hips, belly, bum thighs. Sorry but it's true that you really don't mind. she is worth every single line. And they arn't as bad as it sounds they have already faded away to nothing apart from a few bad ones which are still red and she is 9 months old. I am preg again though so they will prob struggle to heal.

I kept moisterising every night before bed and i think it's gotta help.

best of luck

does you mom have stretch marks? because if she does then most likely so will you- so it really depends on that- so far it sounds like you are lucky- you may only get a few at the very end- good luck

My mom never had bad stretchmarks so hopefully if I do get them, they'll be like hers. I never even noticed hers until she had my little brother 5 years ago. The ones from my other brother and me faded significantly over time. ::::crosses fingers:::::

I have them already. They ain't too bad but think they will get loads worse.

I got my first few at 14 weeks, pretty early.. Mine always come in pair,lol.. Im 27 weeks and have alot :shock: I have tried everything possible, creams, lotions, drinking more water, green tea.. EVERYTHING.. They are starting to get lighter and my doctor told me that after I have the baby they will still be there but will be very light.

So far no stretchmarks... yet. My mom didn't get any with her first, but with me and my brother (twins) she said she got a lot, but I guess that can be expected. My sister has some too, so if it's genetic, looks like I can expect them. Also, many women I have spoken to about it say that even if I am lucky so far, the last month is when they will probably appear. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I did,nt get any until 8th month with my first. Then all of a sudden they appeared, lots and lots of them. But only on my stomach. I had used every single type of cream available to no avail. They have faded alot now and even though there are so many they are not that noticable.

However I think the 50lb + weight gain in my first pregnancy did not help.

With my second, I gained only 20lbs (both babies were 8lbs+) and did not get one extra stretch mark.

Now expecting third baby, hoping I don't get any new ones. I really think its all to do with genetics and weight gain.

What we go threw!!! When i was pregnant with my lil girl I didnt have any till 3 days b4 i had her and i think its when she engaged that i got them :roll: they rnt 2 bad now and are really low down. cream your self all the time too with a good moistioriser (cant spell for toffee :oops:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back