Stretchmark Creams

beth1234

Reaction score
Hii everyone, I just thought I'd start a thread about the dreaded stretchmarks!

Atm I'm using palmers tummy butter, it's in a sort of round tub. I only use it on my belly, although it does say u can use everywhere. Luckily,with my first child, i came away stretchmark free (and only used palmers cocoa butter twice in that pregnancy!) buy this time however iv got a feeling I won't be so lucky. I'm only 20 so I'm hoping i don't gain any stretchmarks from this pregnancy as I'm a teeny size 6-8!

Is anybody else worrying? Using creams,lotions and potions?:)

xo

Not worried about it honey, if i get stretch marks, i get stretch marks theres worse things that can happen and I guess its just one of the lovely side effects of pregnancy, lol. I am using bio oil and so far no stretch marks, but i lost over a stone in the first trimester and haven't put a great deal of weight on in trimester 2, so I still don't have a big bump yet - time will tell. Try not to worry though x

I got stretchmarks in my first pregnancy, Just on the lower part of my bump under my belly button and tbh at first i was mortified but a year and a half on they are completely silver and dont really bother me anymore. I've read that none of these lotions and potions really decrease your risk of getting them and if you are someone who is prone to get them then you'll get them, if not you wont. I'd say if you didnt get them first time your probably not going to get them this time unless you get a lot bigger. I dont think age has anything to do with it either as I was only 21 when my son was born.
This pregnancy i'm not bothered if i get any more or not, there are so much more important things to worry about.

Im using E45 all over, last time I used Bio Oil on my tummy which was great up until that last growth spurt when your bump gets gigantic, then nothing can help IMO! Im not worried about it, I had stretch marks with my 1st but they are hardly noticeable now :)

I use baby oil and cocoa butter ever since i found out i was pregnant, but unfortunatly it didn't stop the dreaded stretchmarks making an appearence! Strechmarks are more to do with genetics. So if your mum or anyone in your family has got them, you may get them too i'm afraid! Let's hope you're lucky tho :d

i'm thinking of applying bio oil on them soon tho as they are especially for strech marks/scars so maybe try invest in that if you're worried? Xxx

I've moisturised all over everyday since I hit puberty, I don't know why but it's a real must of mine, so now I've just carried on doing the same thing, but just put a bit more on my belly and boobs. So far there's nothing on my belly, some on my boobs but not really anything extreme :) I use different ones, but atm my favourite is Johnsons one, in a purple round tub - soft soft!!

Well my mum has lots of stretchmarks but i dont, so im confused haha. Iv heard that saying too ''if your going to get stretchmarks your going to''
I wouldnt say im overly worried, if it happens, it happens ey :)

Yoshi - i moisterise too! every night, all over.. even my face! Its kind of like an ocd thing when you've done it for a while isnt it haha :D

nope i just have enormous stretchmarks! will have to live with it i reckon!

Well my mum has lots of stretchmarks but i dont, so im confused haha. Iv heard that saying too ''if your going to get stretchmarks your going to''
I wouldnt say im overly worried, if it happens, it happens ey :)

Yoshi - i moisterise too! every night, all over.. even my face! Its kind of like an ocd thing when you've done it for a while isnt it haha :D

Absolutely!! Some girls have a special relationship with their eye liner, self tan, straighteners, nail polish etc mine just happens to be moisturiser :)

Yes I'm really worried too! I was very lucky with my first and only got a couple of very faint ones just above my pubic bone, but I have quite a large tattoo which starts on my right hip and wraps up my torso and around my breast and also the whole of my lower back so I was extremly paranoid of getting stretch marks and religiously applied bio oil in the morning and a mixture of white sandlewood oil and cocoa butter before bed...whether this had something to do with I dont know, but am sticking to the same routine this time around and hoping with all hope that it works this time too otherwise my artwork will be ruined:shock:!

well i am 15 weeks 5 days and not showing yet wouldnt even be able to tell i am pregnant haha i use bio-oil every morning and night and coco butter and so far so good not even one fingers crossed lol. If u do get some sretch marks dont think its anything to worry about they easily go away with sunbeds creams etc.

i've used boi oil so far an not a single stretch mark and fingers crossed it stays that way!
i also put a splash in my bath so it sinks into my skin while a have a good long soak but you dont have to use bio oil any skin oil will help keep skin moisturised and supple :)

It would take a plasterer to sort out my stretchmarks nevermind bloody lotions and potions :lol:

Ive been using bio oil everyday. I know that I will probably get stretch marks and im not too worried because to me its part of pregnancy but I am making sure im well moisurized as I have dry skin to begin with and I think its better to keep your skin supple for all that stretching to come :)

im using palmers cocoa butter every other day but your meant to use it everyday but i can never be bothered lol but i can see my stretch marks reappearing from my 1st lol x

yeah I've kinda given up on the old religious rubbing in, it's not doing any good anyway cos I can see the start of stretch marks already making an appearance. I've come to accept that they will appear, and it's not like I go out flashing my tum or wearing a bikini every day so ho hum!

Yes I no longer strut my stuff in my skimpy bikinis on the beach, I'm either doing handstands in the kids pool or chasing my LO up and down trying to force him to put sun cream on! Stretch marks are honestly the last thing on your mind when your baby comes along. I would quite happily be covered from head to foot in them for my little lad. The only annoying thing about them is that while you are still pregnant they can be quite sore or itchy. Its all part and parcel of it though along with piles, varicose veins, vaginal tears, droopy boobies and loose skin! Yay for motherhood!

yeah i've kinda given up on the old religious rubbing in, it's not doing any good anyway cos i can see the start of stretch marks already making an appearance. I've come to accept that they will appear, and it's not like i go out flashing my tum or wearing a bikini every day so ho hum!

lol!! This made me giggle. So true! Xxx

I agree with Rosie, you can be fine till that last big surge in size! arghhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back