Stretchmarks

Miss

Reaction score
Hiya everyone.

Well stretchmarks are something I have been thinking about for some time - mainly due to being covered in them when I had my son 11 years ago.

Due to water retension I ended up with them everywhere - Boobs, Tummy, Hips, Thighs, Lower back, Bum even the back of my knees! I seriously looked like a UK road map.

Well obviously they have faded to a striking silver now and if possible I would like to avoid the angry red marks this time round where possible. So I am doing the following;

1. Keeping my skin hydrated by drinking 2 Litres of water a day
  2. Using pure coconut oil (Palmers) at least twice per week
  3. Using Palmers Olive Cream (everyday I am not using the oil)

I was curious as so what you girls are all doing to try and avoid them?

P.S - I know they think that stretchmarks are hereditary to a certain degree but no harm is trying to prevent them....right?
xx

Hey miss...LOVED the cookies by the way. I'm using palmers cocoa butter (it makes me smell like a dessert, butterscotch angel delight I think but hey, my skin feels nice) every day on my boobs and belly. I'm also drinking lots of water. Someone told me the other day that drinking coconut water can really help as it's good for hydration or something. Does keeping fingers crossed count as doing something???

xx

Wish you lovely lady you! How are you?

Glad you enjoyed the cookies - I am currently very partial to a Lemon Cake recipe lol

I tried using Palmers Cocoa butter but the sweet smell made me feel a little queezey lol Then I found the Olive Cream they do and I know that Olive Oil comes highly recommended for these things! xx

Ah...I'm nearly out of my cocoa butter so maybe I'll give it a go then. I'm all good thanks, been moved forward in my pregnancy again as I got my dating scan report through (the computer was down at the time of the scan so they couldn't give it to me at the time or work out the EDD) and I'm now due June 2nd. Getting fat but other than that don't really feel anything at the mo. What about you?

Mmmm lemon cake...don't get me started again!!!

xx

Ladies...... on about food again lol

Well until the both of you was bought the Bio Oil from DH and have been regimented on putting it on, if I don't put it on I am not allowed out the house..... nothing has appeared yet.

They say to just smear olive oil on for the same effect but a bit too greasy for me.

x

Hopeful...you just put the oil on cos you love slicking yourself up like some sort of wrestler. I bet you pose in front of the mirror don't you. Stop pretending it's for stretchmarks...:)

xx

Hey don't knock it lol it was you that told me what to do and what to look out for when posing lol x

Last edited:
Haha...shhhh...my occupation as a mud wrestler is supposed to be a secret!!!

xx

LMAO you two crack me up!

Hopeful Another lovely lady!

It's hard to get food off the brain still....what can I say!

I have not tried straight Olive Oil - something about putting oil on my skin that I cook with just does not sit right with me! Should have known you had tried it tho lol

Wish....your secret is well and truely out now! Congratulations on being put forward again!! I loved it when they moved me forward at my scan.....it felt abit like cheating if that makes sense lol x

Last edited:
Ha! Yes damn Hopeful and her loose lips!!! I know exactly what you mean...I've cheated almost a whole week...love it!!!How are you doing Miss? Getting a tum yet?

Food is constantly on my mind...as I speak I am tucking into a Double Decker!!!

xx

Yes Miss, hows the bump going?

Will say though if you try the olive oil option don't stand too close to the cooker lol might smell some belly pork ha ha.

Get you Wish and the loose lips rofl

x

I am well thanks! As for the tum....OMG I had a rude awakening yesterday with regards to that! We decided to have a treat and go to a chinese buffet for dinner and I made the mistake of actually looking in the mirror after getting dressed I look HUGE! It's not even funny how HUGE I look for 15 weeks.....

My OH proudly announced in his Northern Peter Kay Accent "She is gonna be a little crumper" while rubbing my tummy. He is so sure it's a girl...personally I think he gonna be disapointed as it's gotta be a boy, but we shall have to wait and see lol

I have only actually put of about 4 pound tho I am ever so slightly confused at where mount tummy has come from!?!?

How are you both? Gimme some bump progress!!!!

Mmmm Belly Pork......sounds so much nicer than the beans on toast I was gonna have for my dinner....

lol xx

Last edited:
My DH said up until the other day I had a tum but now I look a bit pregnant.

Maybe the slight weight gain (ohhhh lucky you) and looking more is water retention? I have put on nearly a stone, around 10 pounds or just a bit more so a bit of a porker now (excuse the pun after the belly pork post lol)

Awwww Miss, sounds really cute though and your OH with his mimicking x

Mmmm...belly pork. I love it but strangely since I've been pregnant roast pork gives me an upset tummy! Sausages, bacon, ham etc are all fine but roast pork doesn't like me anymore! The strange thing is that my mum also had this during her pregnancy with my brother and now anytime he has roast pork he gets an upset tummy!!! Poor little bean might get it too!

My tummy is expanding far too quickly. I was saying to Hopeful that I thought it was bloat and fat but her mw says it's baby related so maybe it is! Which one of us three will be brave enough to put a bump photo on first? I vote for Hopeful with her oiled up bump!!!

xx

lol He was not mimiking hun.....he really does sound like that lol He is from near Bolton!

I thought it could be water retention as I really suffered with it with DS. I am currently drinking a mug of hot water with fresh lemon slices in it first thing in the morning as it's supposed to help - might just be an old wives tale tho lol

I cannot imagine you looking like a porker! lol

Yeah and my flexing wrestling pose that Wish taught me lol

xx

LOL Wish!

God I am so glad it's not just me!

I keep saying I am going to actually take bump photos but then I get put off when I look in the mirror lol

I think.....with you two being further ahead than me that you should set a good example and post first tbh!!

Strike a pose girls! x

Yes, yes, yes! Do it Hopeful and then me and Miss will do it too...won't we Miss?

Bloat, water retention or baby...it's all pregnancy related. Let's embrace our buddah bellies!!! Woop!

xx

LMAO I likened (is that even a word????) myself to a buddah yesterday!!!!

Ofc we will post...I am just waiting for someone to do it first to given me courage!

Obviously that should be you......Hopeful :love:! lol xxx

Yeah Hopeful...get the ball rolling with your glistening, slick bump!!!

Mine literally is like a buddah belly...just don't have his wisdom though...

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back