When did your LO walk?

*Star*

Reaction score
Oliver will be 15 months in a couple of weeks, and so far, he can walk holding onto his walker, and along the settee, but that's it.

Now I'm not worried that he isn't walking yet, (but it would make my life a hell of a lot easier if he was!!!). I'm encouraging him to stand (with and without his shoes on), and walk with him holding his hands. He isn't interested in letting go and standing on his own at all. He can move a lot quicker by crawling lol

Any idea's how long we are looking at from this stage for him to be taking his first steps? As far as I remember, Benjamin was at this stage at about 11 months old, and started to walk on his own a few weeks after his first birthday. So, maybe in another month or so, but Oliver has been standing and walking like this for a month already!

Yes I know you shouldn't compare your kids, BUT it's hard not to!

my LO was walking just before her first birthday but my nephew was 18 months or so when he started to walk, all children are different and they say slow walkers are quicker to talk, and exel in other stuff etc. My nephew knew his colours/numbers etc before most children. My LO was walking round the furniture from about 9 months, My nephew didnt walk round the furniture until a few days before he started to walk properly, and he had great balance when he started walking. :D My LO took about 3 months from when she started walking round the furniture to walking properly but my nephew only took a couple of days, so you might be surprised.

Hannah was 10 months but my friends little boy who is the same age as Hannah was nearly 17 months

My son started walking properly unaided from 14 months, but they all vary! My friends little girl is 16 months and is still not walking confidently!

It will come hunny try not to worry :hug:

Dan was quite late too, about 14-15 months (I really should write these things down!)

jaydes only just started when she was 16 and a half months but now shes really confident in walking she picked it up so quick and she was a shuffle bum

Tia was 8 months, she seemed determined from birth to be on her feet, but to be brutally honest I very much doubt lil miss will be walking before 15 months. :think: Its just not on her priority list right now :rotfl: She's doing "other" things right now...she'll get round to it and so will your LO...

If he's up and cruising then he should be physically ok... he probably just lacks confidence in taking those steps. The thing is that babies are inherently lazy creatures, and why should he have to work extra hard to walk and get somewhere a lot slower, when he can crawl and get there in a flash? :roll: You'll probably find that once he masters it and realises he can get to more places and quicker by walking he will all of a sudden become an expert :rotfl:

don't worry hun. My Alex is 12 months old and can't even stand up yet lol. Lazy arse.

Lydia on the other hand stood up at 8 months, cruised at 10 months, and was walking independently at 12.5 months.

it's amazing how different siblings can be!

ill keep you posted how he's doing :)

I came on here to ask the same question! Dylan has been crusing for about 2 months now, and I constantly walk him around the house holding onto his hands. He stood on his own last week for about 20 seconds, then realised he done it and plonked back down on his bum. I'm not in a hurry to get him walking, I was just wondering how long do they normally cruise for before the walk on their own?

Fynn aint walking yet.... I cant wait for when he does tho.. the way he's going on.. I dont thinkit'll be long before he is! :D

Jake started to walk just after he turned 12 months, my nephew is 19 months and is only just walking, they are all so different :)

well were still waiting for unassited steps!
he walks great holding onto his walker!
i think he doesnt realise he needs to bend his knees to walk properly!

Hiya Star,

My girls were both almost exactly 13 months - I used to know a couple of Mums at a toddler group I used to go to whose LOs didn't walk until they were 18 months - I think anything between 9 mths and 18 mths is pretty normal.

Hope he finds his feet soon!

both of mine started walking around their 1st birthday. grace still sometimes crawls but in general is walking most of the time now.

Summer isn't walking yet and tbh I'm dreading it because she's bad now for pulling everything
out of draws and stuff and I know it will be worse when she does start walking.
I know she is developing correctly so I am not worried.

All babies are different, if he's cruising the furniture then you dont have anything to worry about.
Thea was 10 months when she was walking unaided but my cousins little boy is 18 months and isnt yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back