When did you notice your bump?

Becs

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sure this title of a thread appears every few weeks but I haven't seen one yet so... I am nearly 8 weeks and I wondered when might I begin to see or feel a little bump. I know it's different for everyone so wondered what some experiences of people on here are. I have read people notice a bump from as early as 8 weeks. :shock:

Does it have something to do with dress size? Do some women get a lot of fluid build up and this is their first sign of bump? Or will it be more like a hard little bump getting bigger?

Looking forward to hearing your stories :D

I have just had to start wearing my maternity trousers for work as i found my clothes a little uncomfortable to wear as they were getting a little tighter.

I have a bump and i think it is quite big but then again i am used to being quite slender. Only put on 1 pound in weight so i don't think it can be that big really!?

Mum reckons i will be like her and she was huge! Hoping i wont be otherwise i will be needing to give up work sooner rather than later!

Hey Tot's Hope,

I'm quite small too. Although I have always had very disproportionate breasts. I shamefully have gone up 2 cup sizes in 3 weeks taking me (much to my husbands amusment) from a 32ff to a 32h :roll: I'm wearing scarfs all day to cover them up. But bizzarly like you, I haven't put any weight on in fact I think I've lost 2 pounds??

My Mum was like a house too, just very big all over. I don't doubt I'll follow her footsteps. I reckon 9 months on, 9 months off though :D

I was a little on the chunky side anyway before getting pregnant but I can feel jeans getting tight. Before I realised I was pg I was heading down the gym an extra night a week and doing an extra few lengths as I started to realise my tummy was getting a bit bigger. That must have been from about 9 weeks. Nobody else has noticed a difference though so maybe it's all in my head... :lol:

I've always had a bit of a belly :lol: but recently it looks a bit bigger, think it may be bloated though :rotfl:

I keep lying flat on my back and having a little gentle prod around :rotfl:

Definitly nothing there yet!

when the doctors palpitate your stomach what can they feel? is it an enlarged uterus or something? can anyone feel that?

god i feel so sick today :wall:

sarafet - i have no idea about thedoctors but i definately feel sick today so i can sympothise with you!

I think i was around 17 wks with both of mie when i started to get a more noticeable bump :)

With my first two I didn't start to have a bump until about 3 1/2 months but not that anyone could notice without me telling them, and I never wore maternity clothes with either!! My next door neighbour didn't even guess I was pregnant at full term with my first, I felt cheated :wall:

This time round I started to get a bump about 8 weeks and have been wearing maternity trousers from about 10 weeks!!! I have only put on 2 pounds but its all just gone to my bump thankfully!!! I'm really looking forward to having a proper bump this time round. :)

Last time I lost so much weight in the first trimester that I didn't need to wear maternity clothes until 7 months! I was in my usual jeans one day and then suddenly overnight I "popped" and needed bigger clothes.

I remember crawling underneath desks at 6 months laying phone cables and people not believing that I was pregnant. One woman even told me that I couldn't be pregnant as I didn't "look it".

Wonder if I should have dragged her into the toilets 30 minutes later to watch me throw up for the umpteenth time that day....

This one....well I definitely feel more bloaty...and my tummy's gone rounder but I don't think it's a baby bump per se....just a fluid and bloat bump....how attractive! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just beginning to get a slightly noticeable bump over the past couple of weeks. I think I'm at the is she isn't she stage.

A friend of mine who is a week behind me hasn't really got a bump at all, mind you she's what I would call really petite.

This time around I noticed a bump about 8 weeks, started wearing maternity trousers at 10 weeks.

With my daughter I didn't show until I was almost 20 weeks, then I just completely ballooned! Bump showed about 14 weeks with my son.

I could tell my body was changing at around 8 weeks but it wasn't noticable to anyone else. Around 15 weeks it started properly sticking out and I couldn't do up my regular jeans.

I have put on 9 pounds in the last 2 months! I am wearing size 14 trousers. I can notice a bump now. I just look fat to people bu i know its a bump. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back