when did you let your little one feed them selfs

emmaandamyleigh

Reaction score
at what age did you let your little one feed them self amy cant use her spoon yet but i was thinking xmas day i will be cooking xmas dinner i was just let her use her hand also have a spoon there with her i mean she does have finger foods i know she will end up messy if she ha something like spag hoops but i hough once i get in the flat to let her sit on the floor with food that wont get her mucky and she can help herself it will be on laminated flooring so im not worriyied about the mess lol

no experience, but i think id do the same :) its a special day so why not start something new! x

my two have both fed themselves since about 6 months! my mum was disgusted to see me putting Es spag bol straight onto her tray earlier and letting her feed herself! but she wont let me spoon feed her so i dont really have any option! food goes everywhere cos she throws it, but she's learning!

food and floors dont really go too well, cos they never ever sit still and it gets everywhere and in toys and everything lol! i know from bitter experience :lol:

lol i guess the only way to do it is to let them learn themselves, its not always going to be messy lol! x

precisely! i'm actually a lot more worried about mess this time round, just cos its harder to clear two up than one! we normally have messy meals on bath nights so i can just plonk her straight in! when K was a baby anything was fair game, they learn thru feeling at that age so getting their hands stuck in is such a valuable part of it and helps with their pincer grips and stuff!

my two have both fed themselves since about 6 months! my mum was disgusted to see me putting Es spag bol straight onto her tray earlier and letting her feed herself! but she wont let me spoon feed her so i dont really have any option! food goes everywhere cos she throws it, but she's learning!

food and floors dont really go too well, cos they never ever sit still and it gets everywhere and in toys and everything lol! i know from bitter experience :lol:

I always put spag bol straight onto their trays :lol: Both mine refused to be fed with a spoon as soon as they could hold it, and they couldn't spoon feed themselves until a few months later but handfuls of food were just as good!

Mine would never have stayed in once place sitting on the floor though - much better with a big mat under a high chair or something you can strap them in...or just have to wash the floor all the time like I do because as soon as Toby's had enough he has great fun throwing bits all around the room :roll:

My dad spent a good half hour picking bits of bolognaise off the dog earlier :lol: and he's a westie so the orange stained! The dog then spent about 2 hours licking clean every square inch of their brand new carpet :lol: I never give ella a plate, it's just begging for it to be launched! All her food goes everywhere as it is!

I'm the same as Alice, I started lace at 6 months even though she was mainly eating solid food like carrot sticks etc

Jacob feeds himself with... His hands :roll. He was about 6 months I give him a spoon though!! Oh Yeah and I don't put it directly on the high chair tray I bought a suction bowl and plate and sippy straw cup and stick a plastic mat under!!

amy doesnt like high chair she hates them when ever we go outr she screams the place down lol if im in the pub shell sit in her pushchair and ill give her what ever i have in her hand unless is lasgane cant spell so i put it on the spoon let her hold it while i guide it to the mouth i have a play pen that can seprate the room so meal times i can put her in that ith her plate with a mat down. oh strips amy down to her nappy while she eats spag bol that way she not getting her clothes dirty then she just gives her a quick bath in the sink lol

have you tried one of those seats that attaches to a chair so they can sit at the table?

yep she hats them to ive spent quite abit on diffrent high chairs to test her in them to see if she likes them but nope she screams at diffrent ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back