When did you all start weaning?

pinkymum

Reaction score
Emily will be 5 months on Thursday and the only signs she's showing is staring at me and other people when they eat and also I was eating a sandwich the other day and she was minicking me put her hand up to her mouth and back again. Was very cute. Most of the girls I was in Tri 3 with have started weaning. Hv said to me a couple of weeks ago, after 20+ weeks just to go for it when I feel she's ready and to call her if I needed any hints or tips. So I'm all prepared,i think, just waiting for her. Just feel like I'm the only one left not weaning already :lol: and I'm a bit nervous about it,and excited too.

So was just interested when you all started weaning?

x x x x

I started charley at 4 months but he became ill so stopped then tried again at 5 and half months and he was def ready by then.
Lacey I weaned very early at 3 months but back then I didn't know about the health concerns with early weaning but she was fine.
If you fill emily's ready then go for it. Weanings so much fun!!

I started weaning Paige at 4 months because she was very sicky and eating so much (milk) that she was bringing alot of it back up and that tiny bit of baby rice honestly made a huge difference. I would have waited longer other wise.

we waited til 1 week before 6 months and did BLW. it worked really amazingly for us and O and the best thing for him. I would sing the praises of BLW all day and all night :)

BLW is fantastic tbh. Paige had purees until 6 months and then went straight to my food basically.

I've been very intersted in BLW since before she was born. But I don't have a clue what I'm doing tbh. My concentration is really bad to the point that I can't watch a full tv programme anymore. And I'd need to read up on BLW wouldn't I? Will see how it goes. I woke up in the middle of the night last week worrying about weaning and money :lol:
But if we can wait till 6 months I have a month to prepare myself for BLW. Of anyone has any tips on books or any tips at all let me know girls.

Thank you :)

I honestly didnt read a thing on BLW and to this day have no idea if I did anything right. I pretty much just put what I ate on the tray of the high chair and let Paige go crazy lol.

I honestly didnt read a thing on BLW and to this day have no idea if I did anything right. I pretty much just put what I ate on the tray of the high chair and let Paige go crazy lol.

Ahhh that's good to hear hun! I joked with the HV last time I seen her we were talking about that documentary - fat food baby and I said 'so a Chinese takeaway and a can of coke for Emily next week them' hehe.

I didn't read anything apart from what was written on here and maisie loves her food :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I didn't read anything apart from what was written on here and maisie loves her food :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Hun, yeah will be searching Helen123's thread and I know Evie Did BLW too.

X

i started tw at 4 months ish, and i really regret it. i had everyone telling me he was ready when with hindsight i dont think he was, and now i have a fussy eater on my hands although this is quite recent as he used to eat everything!

i really wish i had waited longer even to do TW, and food until 1 year old is just for fun.. i think thats what they say! lol.

next time round in a few years lol, i will wait until lo will be 6months and do BLW.

like LM said, if you think lo is ready then go for it.

I tried at 4 1/2 months but Tegan was not fussed. started again at 5 1/2 months she was definitely ready by 7 months she was only having BLW meals other than breakfast. its so much easier as she just eats whatever we eat, if we have takeaway i just cook for Tegan. she loves her food & we love watching her eat! x

Ive already started few days ago as my baby kept staring at me when am eating.. I goggled week ago and Ive noticed mother weaning at young for example... one started at 11 weeks. So give it a try and see bit by bit if she likes it..thats how I started with him I fed him with bit of spoonful baby rice and seems like it today baby porridge..

Ive already started few days ago as my baby kept staring at me when am eating.. I goggled week ago and Ive noticed mother weaning at young for example... one started at 11 weeks. So give it a try and see bit by bit if she likes it..thats how I started with him I fed him with bit of spoonful baby rice and seems like it today baby porridge..

I didn't start young because I don't think it's good for their digestive systems. But each to their own. I would have only weaned Emily early if it was with an HV or doctors advice. Or if she had had problems with milk. We tried some baby rice yesterday. Totally spontaneous, my friend was round and I thought well she could help me. She kept saying don't follow the pack instructions but I did and it came out all thick and lumpy, she had a couple of tastes off a spoon but I'm still not convinced she's ready. Although I will be starting properly in the next couple of weeks.

I haven't started Lily yet as she still shows very little interest. Hope she gets more enthused quickly - what do you do if at 6 months they're still not interested? I want to do BLW and worry we might end up spoon feeding if she doesn't start being more into it.

i started weaning Jasper when he could sit up by himself and pick up a piece of fruit and eat it... so i started weaning him when he told me too rather than being focusing on what some book etc said

your baby will wean when they are ready, there is really no rush. Food before 1 is just for fun!

we waited till lo was 6 months,, so glad we did xxxx

We started with Alex about 17 weels but only a small amount of baby rice. He still has baby rice and biscuits at least twice a day and has hand held fruit etc throughout the day. Im not really doing any type of weaning just going with what Alex wants. He still bf on demand throughout the day (and night) and has a bit of whatever im eating most the time to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back