when did everybody pack their hopsital bag and wash clothes?

winnie89

Reaction score
I wrote my list for what I need to take to hospital with me, and I wondered when every body started to pack theirs I'm thinking when I hit 35 weeks + (when I start my maternity) and when to wash the LO's clothes?

I've not done either yet. Gonna start washing clothes next week though - cos im now on mat leave. xxx

Finished baby's bag completely tonight but still need to put things in mine own like towel,make up and clothes for going home in

I've started putting things in a bag now, all my family were early Inc me by 8 weeks. So don't want to be taken by surprise xx

I started my bag at about 32 weeks but finished it yesterday. Started washing babies clothes only a few days ago. Didn't want to do it too early as wanted them as fresh as possible.xx

I'm doing my bag over the next couple of weeks. Gonna wash the clothes coming to the hospital with me soon so I can pack them but apart from that I'm gonna wash everything when I go on mat leave at the end of this month x

im gonna start this wkend ( i will be 30 wks), putting the stuff in there that i wont need right now (e.g. towels, snacks etc and then have a list of bits that need to be added to it on the day (or wk leading up to due date) as i dont want to be caught short if it starts early

Thanks I'm thinking if I wash the 0-3 stuff when I finish work because some of it's new and some is from a charity shop's then wait and wash his newborn stuff a couple of weeks before he's born because I wanna wasj all the moses basket stuff and the lining to his pram and car seat (as they were both second hand)

I have started mine as had a little scare the other day. Plus have got a little scared by some early ladies on here. I hate not being prepared and my son was a 36 wk emergency c-sec so leaving nothing to chance. x

I've washed clothes, not blankets yet. I'm only packing baby stuff and labour stuff. Will make a list of things to bring for myself. Worst case scenario just chuck a few babywipes nappies and clothes in a bag and run, baby will live and so will I, hospital gowns are sexy!

Currently washing baby clothes :) Will pack my hospital bags today - list all ready to start ticking off

im thinking of starting to sort it in the next week just to have it done

Didnt even know we needed to wash the baby clothes till this week when there been a few treadsa bout it

Need to catch up on my backlog of washing from christmas when i done nothing lol then will do all the baby bits

Did you end up with a massive list?

I was shocked at how long it was

DO IT NOW!!!

I had been lazy about mine and babys bags but after yesterdays scare wish I'd done it weeks ago!!

Even if you just have a provisional bag of essentials at least you'll have soimething to grab!!

I have washed some spare bedding and also vest and stuff and some sleep suits as Im going in at 37 weeks to be induced and I wont start maternity leave till last moment. Im going to make a start on my bags this weekend as well as i would rather be over preppared rather than under if you get what I mean XX

I hadnt even considered it till my xmas eve scare. Convinced he/she will make an early appearance now!

Got bubs bag ready - nappies, wipes, cotton wool balls, nappy cream, just need 2 sleepsuits n 'coming home' outfit n snow suit when they r washed.

Got my bag sorted all bar underwear, make up (as I needit in the meantime), 'coming home' outfit.

Need to test drive carseat in car too - might even leave it set up in there.

Baby towel wraps, blankets n sleepsuits are being done gradually - got a fab deal one non-bio on Tuesday.

Gonna stick a list on the fridge od last min things, phone charger, slippers, change for parking (although might pack that now), etc etc.

Makes it seem very real :)

Take lots and lots of underwear! I underestimated and made OH bring me more today!

Take lots and lots of underwear! I underestimated and made OH bring me more today!

Yikes is the bleeding realy bad then? I just got one pack of disposable ones might get a few more so and some big granny knickers too lol

Well I was examined last night and when I stood up red blood poured down my leg! Also when ur waters go and when u have a show. The pads never stay in place :|

Ive got a bix of 5 disposable ones n will take a few normal ones xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back