My hopsital bag

I can't wait till I can pack my bag :yay:

lol I know, but theres nothing worse than running out of pants!! Especially if youre having the biggest period ever!! I just got the big pants incase I have a c-section. Hoping to not need them and Im leaving them in the pack to return. disposable pants are supposed to be the BEST ever. Ive had like 5 people recommend them to me.

I've bought loads of cheap black knickers from Primark actually cheaper than the dispoasables. Paper knickers are soo uncomfy!! LOL

Sounds like you've got everything covered Tiny! I've forgotten when I've packed too, I did it ages ago! Just one thing I suppose, I would check your hospital's policy on taking in anything electrical - our hospital won't even let us plug in a phone charger without their health and safety team checking it's safe (which clearly won't happen) so we've been told not to even take them in! Crap if your battery's anything like mine!

You taking any food/munchies? My OH went out and bought a whole bag of cereal bars and biscuits etc - mainly for him incase it all takes a while...

oooh good idea ickle prawn, I havent even thought of munchies! Ill ask OH what he wants cos I prob wont be eating. I hadnt thought of electrical safety, but put it this way, if OHs ipod battery dies, and I cant listen to my hypnobirthing tracks, it is going to HAVE to be charged!

or let them suffer the consequences eh? hehe! I'll still be taking my charger in, I'll plead ignorance if I get caught :)

yeah I think we'l do that, wait til theyre out the room and plug it in, hopefully they wont be in again for a good hour so that should do the trick!

Im making OH take his own bag with book, paper, snacks, money etc etc :)

I didn't even figure OH in when I did the bag to be honest, I figured he would just take care of himself lol!!

I had a c-section although I didn't really plan enough in case I ended up needing one, and I found I just had too much stuff! I was in for 2 nights/3days and my hubby had to take back all dirty clothes etc each day and he would pick me up anything I needed when he came back for visiting times and obviously people who visit then bring you in a ton of stuff. I felt totally claustraphobic in my little 'bay' on the ward with all my stuff - the things I am definately glad I had were: cheap knickers and plenty of them (i got cheapies from George at Asda - so cheap you can bin after!), maternity pads and ordinary pads, dressing gown, slippers/flip flops, maternity nighties with popper buttons (easy to get on and off), pillow for breastfeeding after section (hospital actually gave me extra pillows), loose clothing for going home in esp comfy pants, fan (height of summer and it was a godsend).

I found I was very hungry afterwards as I had not eaten for like nearly 2 days so snacks would be good, people brought these in as I needed though. I also found I didn't bring enough nappies with me so OH had to bring in more, one night I was caught short and I was mortified but luckily one of the other girls gave me one to get through until my hubby arrived!

I would also say if your breastfeeding take some nipple cream with you too, this was a must for me! I got cracked nipples on like the second day of feeding and was in agony so very glad I packed that.

i packed my bag a few days ago....and i aint got half that stuff...i better rethink my bag i think....lol.i suppose its better to have it and not use it then to not have it at all.......!!!xxx

my bag is quite heavy. :rofl: Its in the boot now :yay: Its quite a small bag, but its really compact with stuff!!

Tiny that is a lot of stuff!!!!:)
I dont have a quarter of that
Im planning to avoid washing my hair in there and taking a few clips instead,
i have 1 pack of 10 maternity towels but just a few breast pads as i hope to be home again before the true leakage,
a dressing gown is essential cause when youre venturing to the loo at visiting time, you dont know if youve leaked!!!:oooo:
i have started packing today and only have toiletries/make up to put in now

When I had H my NCT teacher suggested taking a small box of really nice chocolates in so that when ur up at 3am feeding u can celebrate and be indulgant!! xxx

When I had H my NCT teacher suggested taking a small box of really nice chocolates in so that when ur up at 3am feeding u can celebrate and be indulgant!! xxx

Ooooh! I like THAT idea! :D

I advise everyone to pack dry shampoo, its a godsend; especially if you have a c/s and can't bend to wash hair. Its handy for when baby conmes anyway :yay:

^^^ I was looking at that in Boots the other day but i've got really thick curly hair so dunno how i'd get on with it...I only brush my hair every other day once i've washed it! lol! Hairspray on a morning sorts it for the day! :)

Tiny that is a lot of stuff!!!!:)
I dont have a quarter of that
Im planning to avoid washing my hair in there and taking a few clips instead,
i have 1 pack of 10 maternity towels but just a few breast pads as i hope to be home again before the true leakage,
a dressing gown is essential cause when youre venturing to the loo at visiting time, you dont know if youve leaked!!!:oooo:
i have started packing today and only have toiletries/make up to put in now

Im having en suite :lol:

I cant avoid washing my hair, it gets so greasy, I have to wash it everyday. And it looks awful unless its washed, so really dont wanna hate all my first pics with my baby!

I know its a lot of stuff but, meh, Im paranoid about running out of stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back