When can babies....

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
1. Go in a bouncer (one that hangs on a door)

2. Sit in a bumbo? and for how long at a time?

3. Go in a walker?

I realise you probably won't give me an age as all babies develop at different rates but general milestones would be fab! Thanks ladies...

x

Maddison goes in her babywalker every day but cant yet reach speed as she cant touch the floor :lol:
She went in her Bumbo around 3 months and liked it, she doesnt spend very much time in it now as she pushes herself out of it :roll:
Door bouncers are supposed to be from 6 months onward but Maddison has went in hers for about last month :D

Thanks Snuggle... is good to hear others' vews.

We are going to nearly new sale tomorrow and will be looking out for a walker... baby centre says to try a stationary walker...???

That probably means an activity station??? They dont move but are just the same as walkers otherwise :wink:

I wish they walkers hindered development. Tia LOVED hers but still walked on her own at 9 months,... There is a great amount of skill and practice required for them to navigate doorways and tight corridores... the base of the walkers are quite big and as for getting things... the massive play tray at the front hinders that too.. .and why would you let your baby near household poisons.. we had a stair gate on our kitchen door.. the kitchen was a no go zone without me right there...

As for giving a baby a walker in comparison to giving a teenager a ferrari... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I agree... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Especially when they can get up to speeds.... its like brands hatch in your house without any care for your toes in the way :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

is there anything you can put a 1 month old in to help her sit? Mines driving me crazy by constantly needing to be upright. Shes been able to hold her head from day one but not for any length of time... but shes much better now.. :) She likes sitting on my lap.

Bumbos are from around 4 months as are door bouncers and walkers are from around 6 months but shouldnt be used for more than an hour a day

Door bouncers
Babies shouldn’t go into bouncers until they have full control of their heads, between 3 to 5 months, and should stop using them when they reach the recommended weight maximum which differs according to make, but will probably be around 12kg, or when they show signs of trying to walk. They should be positioned so that their feet just touch the floor, and should only be put in a bouncer for 15 to 20 minutes at a time.
Taken from here http://www.toysrus.co.uk/framestatic.aspx/buyersguides/bouncers/bouncers.htm?zone=Bru

Bumbo
Bumbo Baby Seats are suitable for babies from as soon as they can support their own heads unaided until they can get out of the seat on their own.
Taken from here: http://www.bumbobabyseat.com/

Baby walkers
Baby walkers should not be used too early on in a baby's life. It's better to wait until babies are nearing the nine month mark before thinking about them unless your baby is showing signs of being an early walker.
Taken from here: http://toys.nursery-guide.info/types/baby-walkers/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back