Taking thier own weight?

kellie80

Reaction score
Just wondering when babies usually start taking some weight on there feet. I have seen a lot of babies Aimees age and younger doing it and I remember Jess did it at 4 month but Aimee will not do it at all her knees just bend, she won't even try! I know there is nothing wrong with her and all babies develop at different ages but should she be doing it at 23 weeks old! I also want to get her a walker soon but wondering if theres any point when she won't use her legs.

Rebecca is 14 weeks and wont do it unless she is in a temper then her whole body goes rigid. I have just ordered her a leap frog activity station- like a walker but it remains stationery. Hopefully this will help my lazy pie of a daughter.x

matthew does sometimes then not others in the past few days he has been doing it more frequently other times he just bends them and sits on his knees on me lazy bones!!!! he also has only just mastered bouncing in his door bouncer!!

Ella has been taking her weight for a while now, she was doing it at her 8 week check, but she is very strong. and now she will stand by herself holding noto the edge of the sofa. Not all the time though sometimes she will have wobbly legs, other times she is very steady, im not sure what age they are suposed to do this though?

I was wondering when they should sit alone, becuase I was having ella weighed the other day and HV said is she better sitting, I was like no she cant sit yet
either she should be sitting, or it is becuase she looks older than she is.

Lauz, how old is Ella? Can't see any ones tickers no more on my pc.

careys nearly 5 months, he looks older and is very strong for his age, he can sit up leaning against something and attempts at leaning forward but he doesnt realise he has to put his hands out yet! lol he loves being on his feet though he would quite happily bounce up n down on my lap all day if he could.

Aimee is finally standing up. In a week she has gone from nothing atall just bending her legs to standing up with me just holding her hands. Made up. I got her a walker but she won't do it in that and just pulls her legs up, think she might be a bit short for it yet even though it is on it lowest.

My Aimee is the same - probably worse actually. I was thinking the same thing the other day. She takes some weight and has dont since she was about 3 months old but she is over 5 now and still the same....
Does it for about a second then collapses and wont do it again. There is no way she would do it by me just holding her hands, i have to support her whole body :?
She likes her door bouncer but doesnt do much in it.

She is sitting on her own almost now tho but throws herself back so I have to be there to catch her!

I would get her a walker, might encourage her :)

Colby was lifting her arms and head away up from 1 week old (she sleeps on her tummy) now she has started pushing down trying to stand up shes 10 weeks past on tuesday. Adele didnt do any of this till about almost 9 months

i guess every kid is different and will do it when they want to :)

Phoebe is 6mths and still won't put any weight on her legs. :shock:

She lifts them up in her door bouncer and walker so she is just hanging there!!

If I hold her to a standing position then she'll put weight on her legs for a split second.

All babes are different though. They'll all get there in the end!!

My cousin was bloody walking steadily at 9mths!!!

But I also know a 1yr old who hasn't attempted crawling or standing/walking yet.

all babies are soo different, I was also walking at 9 months old, but some babies arent walking til 18months+
Ella is taking her weight very well on her legs, is almost sitting on her own, but when on her tummy she doesnt lift her head very high and doesnt get her chest up yet! altough form newborn she could lift and turn her head but wont lift it very high now at 5 months almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back